Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Applying Hornet Decals 4 years 10 months ago #55242

Got a set of MCI Decals for my Hornet Restoration project. Any tips or tricks to make the application process easier??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Applying Hornet Decals 4 years 10 months ago #55243

I use warm Soapy water to help position and a micro fibre cloth to help move air bubbles out before using a hair dryer to conform the decal to the shape of the body and adhere :)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Applying Hornet Decals 4 years 10 months ago #55244

These are Original bodies with MCI decals

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: oldwilly, JVHORNET

Re:Applying Hornet Decals 4 years 10 months ago #55245

How much soap? Do you dunk the whole decal in the water and apply it directly to the body? It doesn’t hurt the adhesive?

Re:Applying Hornet Decals 4 years 10 months ago #55246

A few drops of soap is perfect, Yes dunk the whole decal in and apply to the body :) The soap helps active the adhesive for a better long term bond IMO so you don't get lifting edges :)

Applying Hornet Decals 4 years 10 months ago #55249

I'm about to build a hornet and sticker it up, has anyone got a video of this being done?

Applying Hornet Decals 4 years 10 months ago #55253

I'm about to build a hornet and sticker it up, has anyone got a video of this being done?

Oh come now, You don't need a video of stickering a Hornet ;) Just follow the application guide and you'll be fine :P

Attachments:

Applying Hornet Decals 4 years 10 months ago #55255

I mean the soapy water part , do you dunk the stickers right in the water or wet the body or what?

Applying Hornet Decals 4 years 10 months ago #55256

Hey there,
I tend to dunk the decal in, but some on the body can help too. The idea is the water/soap lets you move the decal around without it sticking right away as you get it in the right position. Then you can work from one end to the other pushing the water out from under it and smoothing things out, just keep rubbing towards the edges till the water solution is gone. This is how sign shops do it on real cars too.
You can also go to our Articles section and search on decals to find some good articles this and some other good techniques too :y:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: Gripper107

Re:Applying Hornet Decals 4 years 10 months ago #55258

The Hair Dryer helps the most with the tight corners! I couldn’t get used to the dunking the decals thing so stopped after about a third way through but still “hair dryered” as I went...
The following user(s) Liked this: Gripper107, HugoBiermann

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.