Keyword

TOPIC:

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73930

Wich chassis is the fiat? I have the m02 one. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73931

• Al
  • Al's Avatar Topic Author
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
The Fiat is on an MB-01 chassis.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, mirrorman

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73934

I had a look on the mb01. It keeps the m01 02 philosophie.  Nice chassis.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73950

Since I first saw the BBX last week when I on a boring day wanted to check any news on Tamico's page, I can't stop thinking about it. The release date is too far away, and it disturbs me. I want it now.

Yes, it's not cheap, and that disturbs me too. But as with so many other releases they drop some in price eventually, which means I have to wait even longer to buy one, and this disturbs me to the core of my mental health. Basically the BBX is one of the most disturbing phenomenons I've ever experienced. A mix of the Wild One and Super Champ, with certain elements like the trailing arms, more scale shocks (and their attachment points in particular), details that Tamiya has been too stingy with in almost every 'car' release, .. well except perhaps the CC-01 and Avante.

So I am satisfied and prepared for a slight period of poverty, if I can just have that BBX!

.. look at the engineering.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, GToddC5

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73952

.. look at the engineering.

you should say "Look at the over engineering" :-D
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73956

I wouldn't call it over-engineered. The BBX still uses the same principles and seemingly standard parts as most Tamiya kits. The Avante fits more the 'over .. ' description, in my opinion.

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73957

It is over engineering : Trailing arms are fine without additional links... Here you have 2 additional links which means potetntial additional subtleties to make it working... This is making things much more complex than needed, actually... This is Tamiya, and by design it is over engineered, and the maintenance of all of this will defeat the purpose of it over simplified design...

Last edit: by silvertriple.

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73958

You mean the rear adjustments for toe and camber? But these are good things. You want to be able to tweak these. I guess the kit would be cheaper if Tamiya included simpler suspensions, but then I'd still would buy the adjustable parts only because the vehicle looks so awesome. It's not like the details will break, it's durable. I'd bet you could use the BBX as a basher just as well as performance tweaker with the included parts. If you'd step it down enginieeringwise you'll end up with a simple Wild One. Don't you think?

I'm curious, what other non Tamiya kits would you refer to as being .. 'less engineered' then?

Last edit: by uncletom.

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73960

Well, each and every single additional setup point is a potential added weakness... And that's where it maters... Trying to combine camber adjustment with trailing arms may look like a good thing, but well, if it comes with additional maintenance time to the point you can't run your car without having a stock of parts ready to replace the broken parts simply won't work.

And maybe I can be more specific on this : I have 3 cars with trailing arms here (4 if I count the tomahowk I still need to build). None have those settings on that aspect. They just work, with no maintenance required. At one of the last vintage offroad events I was in, I remember some Tamiya owners running their cars spending more time rebuilding them than actually running their cars. I ran all my cars during the event, the only which was not able to finish the event without issue was the Samurai, but not at all due to a plastic part failing (it was due to a brand new defective servo). At the end, each of my cars ran more than the all the Tamiyas over engineered running around... And if I look at all my Tamiyas, they are the simple one... A Wild One is not efficient, but it is mainly due to limitations in the way it was designed. Even with trailing arms, a Turbo Scorpion or a Samurai show that it is possible to do much better without unnecessary complexity that comes at a maintenance time and cost...

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73961

The more I look at the frame of the BBX, the more the grey plastic (the one that manufacturers think that _we_ think looks like "metal") actually looks _more_ plastic than just moulding it in black (or even red) plastic would have :whistle:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.339 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.