Keyword

TOPIC:

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73962

I see. I guess it depends on how we use our cars. I'm not at all serious regarding racing and competition. In that aspect I realize there are much more durable and better, less complex, designs available. It appears Tamiya kits aren't really designed for competition, not in off-road anyway, perhaps those upgraded TT-01 and 02.

I will just have to buy the BBX and see. This far I had the most fun with my DT-02 Holiday Buggy. It's simple with close to zero adjustment points. Still I love the complex and realistic, yet fragile design of the SRB chassis like Sand Scorcher and Super Champ. For me "over engineering" means stuff like the Traxxas TRX-4 with gears, lights, portals and turning rear wheels, pretty much any car that can't be run with less than two channels.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73980

I'm very much liking the Golf.  For me the 1970-1990's Hot Hatches just look so much "tougher" than hatchbacks today.

I can definitely see the BBX has taken some styling cues from the Super Champ/Fighting Buggy.
The following user(s) Liked this: mirrorman

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73981

Sorry but for me, the bbx is a mix of wild one and dt02. Nothing compared with srb. And full cheap plastic for 400€ not for me.

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73986

stingray-63 

Yes - I have to agree 

Last edit: by mirrorman.

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73987

I like the golf 2

Yes - the VW looks great    
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73988

I thinks it will be the Celica Rally , the Golf and possibly the Porsche for me. 

I 'm sorry Tamiya , but I'd rather spend the BBX money on another Kyosho Beetle - and get some change for the VW Golf. 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73991

• Al
  • Al's Avatar Topic Author
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers

Sorry but for me, the bbx is a mix of wild one and dt02. Nothing compared with srb. And full cheap plastic for 400€ not for me.

Hi Flo, I’ve already started to see the price of the BBX coming down.
I’d like to get one, but I think I’ll wait for it to come out and see where the price settles.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73993

I hope it will be more fiable than the falcon... they share the same architecture. 

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73994

You don't see a lot of Funco buggy (& therefore SRB) from 1/4 back? 

New releases. 1 year 1 month ago #73995

They are very ugly.
I prefer the 80's ones. Like your rough rider or the grasshopper1  design.

Last edit: by stingray-63.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.