Keyword
  • Page:

Poll: hobby, obsession or just plain mad (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

hobby
1 7.1%
obsession
9 64.3%
plainly mad
4 28.6%
Total number of voters: 14 ( AndyAus, THE H.P FREAK, Spitfire, Jonny Retro, zephyrin ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

Hobby or Obsession poll 12 years 2 months ago #6570

so who classes their Tamiya fascination as a pure hobby or an obsession? do you think about your next build all day long, or lay in bed thinking about your next mod or hop up, drive to work and see something like a set of rims and think "boy they would look cool on my car" or do you just use it as a simple hobby. 2 hours free time over the weekend then forget about it till next weekend?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hobby or Obsession poll 12 years 2 months ago #6571

definately an obsession with me. i went to the local hobby shop today to buy some nuts and bolts, some steering arms and a bit of copper tube, which cost me

Hobby or Obsession poll 12 years 2 months ago #6573

I was gonna vote plainly mad but luckily I'm not there yet...
There's still things like rent and food (for my cat) that go first. :lol:
More like a 'regular' addiction. Not the sell-your-grandma-for-crack kind.
I manage by not looking at the shiny bits at times... :silly:

Re: Hobby or Obsession poll 12 years 2 months ago #6583

I thought I'd also leave the replies from the earlier topic since I locked that one now and redirected here :

Tamiya is my Life!

- I work 6 days per week with Tamiya (in the shop)

- After work, i plan the next Custom Job (Draw Parts, search Parts)

- After work and on the weekend i Build

My poor body can't keep up with the rate my brain keeps coming up with new project ideas & I quickly get buried in boxes of parts that I 'get ready' for the next project in line. Definately don't restrict myself to purely Tamiya, I'm afraid to say, but I definately enjoy the vinyage Tamiya jobs more than a lot of the others

:side:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Hobby or Obsession poll 12 years 2 months ago #6584

I thought I'd also leave the replies from the earlier topic since I locked that one now and redirected here :

Tanks Edou! ;)

Re: Hobby or Obsession poll 12 years 2 months ago #6585

I think a lot of new kits, and beautiful hop-ups :D In my mind I am obsessed, but on average I buy 1 or 2 kits a year (2008&2009 was my mad year with 7 kits)..

I love these things because of the meganics, just like watches and motorbikes and a collection of 6 Boker knives (Yes i can be a creep sometimes :P).

But seriously, I feel collecting too much stuff makes me a egoistic person (mr Burns of the Simpsons), everytime I got money to spare, It pops up in my mind, Oeeh A Tamiya Avante, Nice New truck, Billing Boats, Tamiya Tundra, original Hilux etc.(and rather One NIB, Newbuild + a runner)

I am Happy with my collection of 15, It doesnt have to grow to fast. It is my last year as a student, When i get a job I hope to do something good, like giving a poor African kid $30 a month so he/she can go to school and hopefully get a better life, Instead of saving it for new tamiyakit that will be re-released again in 20 years :P. I cant take my Tamiya kits in the grave either :laugh:

Feraz

Re: Hobby or Obsession poll 12 years 2 months ago #6595

I thought I'd also leave the replies from the earlier topic since I locked that one now and redirected here

So now I can justify deleting the earlier thread... ;)

Re: Hobby or Obsession poll 12 years 2 months ago #6596

Well, I had to go for Obsession....
Though about "Hobby" to appear more sane, but I can't justify it :lol:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Hobby or Obsession poll 12 years 2 months ago #6632

went for plainly mad, since I have been drooling over the new Bruiser pics for almost the whole day. :blink: :pinch:

Re: Hobby or Obsession poll 12 years 2 months ago #6646

I manage by not looking at the shiny bits at times... :silly:

I have a self enforced no-ebay rule that comes in to play from time to time. But now that we're in the "iPad/iPhone era" I can only make it last a day or two, before giving in. I even bought a Hotshot propeller shaft on my iPhone while on a date. The poor girl didn't know a thing :whistle:

Obsession, yes..... Plain mad.... I'm sure any outsider would think so, but I'll say no. But then again, wouldn't every "madder" say that?

Tom

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.