Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

9405845 Rod Bag alternative 2 years 9 months ago #67391

Hey all,
I'm looking if there is an alternative to the 9405845 Rod Bag that came with the Super Hornet?
More specifically, I'm after the BL8 Spacer (M5 x 5.5mm).  I have all new parts for a second spare gearbox, except for this one little spacer.

I found a 9465107 Spares Bag on ebay, but the spaces in it look like M4's used for shock absorber bushes.

My other option is to buy some M5 brass rod and cut to size.

Cheers,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9405845 Rod Bag alternative 2 years 9 months ago #67393

TB I think shows the bag from the vintage cars (tamiyabase.com/...8-19465107) which has it in, the modern equivalent also has it in but the manual(s) has(have) been updated with a different layout - see Siedel for example (www.modellbau-s...st=9465107).

But in the spirit of free enterprise, a 6mm OD/0.5mm wall (& therefore 5mm) ID tube would allow you to make lots for the same money, assuming you can cut it accurately :)

I doubt there's any money to be made in selling off extras though :(
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

9405845 Rod Bag alternative 2 years 9 months ago #67398

Exactly what I did, 5mm ID tube and cut pieces to size but i did get 2 screw bags for the lunchbox with them in which is also good for the Hornet
Regards

Lee

9405845 Rod Bag alternative 2 years 9 months ago #67406

K&S Engineering has both aluminium and brass tubes in 6mm, they have usually 0.45mm walls so they are 5.1mm internal diameter. Perfect for 5mm shafts.

That's what my lhs carry anyway.

I use those sort of tubes all the time to shorten or lengthen rods which needs a sleeve.
Also makes perfect spacers.

To cut evenly, either cut wth a hobbynife and roll the tube on the table, use a mini tube cutter or use a sawbox and a hobby saw.

I use a mine tube cutter bought from a autopart store. Usually cheaper than buying similar stuff in a hobby shop.
Mine is the same as this one: www.halfords.co...09086.html
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, stingray-63, jord001

Last edit: by caprinut.

9405845 Rod Bag alternative 2 years 9 months ago #67414

Thanks,
Sounds like some brass tube is the way to go.  There's plenty on ebay, so i'll probably just grab one of them.

Am sure i can find a use for the left over.

Cheers,
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, jord001

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.