Keyword

TOPIC:

My name is old willy and I have a problem..... 6 years 9 months ago #44852

Hey all,
I am not trying to open a can of TC worms here, I did say it was a few years back when I was pist off about the decal issue and mostly at Tamiya corp themselves, TC was just a pawn or a lapdog really. I have been a member for more than 10 years and I agree that many of the folks here most likely are too :)
It was the fact I got excited about some projects and the rug was pulled out.....It's just hard to take when you find out your sweet little mistress is really only in it for the money ;)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

My name is old willy and I have a problem..... 6 years 9 months ago #44853

Carrying on now……… are you still interested??? :cheer: Is there a prize for the longest intro? :laugh: :laugh:

I had found eBay by this point and had started buying and selling cars and parts, lots of fun and the prices had not gotten crazy yet, wasn’t long before they did though. :(
I was having fun, I restored a few SRB types and xr311’s etc. and sold them around the world via eBay, If you got one I hope you were/ are happy with it. I always did box art cars with all original parts, and it continues to be what people want…. myself included.

As I mentioned before, I got downsized :( . I think that is what they still call it. Unsure of what to do next, I just kept on selling on eBay , it actually did help pay some bills so I am grateful I had the stuff to sell. Then we moved……

.......It’s nice and quiet here, we have been busy off and on with the house and property, like many of you the house was nice but not exactly what we wanted so we have made the changes and continue to do so. A few years ago over the course of a couple of summers we built a nice sized workshop building for both of us; my wife does upholstery work as a sideline. She is up stairs and I am down. All these projects are great, I even built a new kitchen last year too, but they all take time.

I have always had some Tamiya’s out on display and a couple of trusty runners, some newer, some older. From time to time I make time to work on one or another. I also mentioned my disheartenment with Tamiya, the company, a few years ago and putting it all to the side. Well I got over it and here I am…. Ta Da!! :P
I have a good friend who is also a Tamiya enthusiast, although he prefers the new stuff. He got me started on R/C crawlers a few years ago “R/C for old guys” he called it and I got my first one a used Axial and started tinkering….. again……lots of fun, I love the rigs that folks build and all the scale bits and pieces. I guess I just prefer scale looking cars and trucks, not just shaped lexan curvy things. It also helps that there are some great places to crawl around here too.

I also realized that Tamiya invented crawlers when they released the Hilux way back in the 80’s…OK, OK perhaps that’s stretching it a bit but in low range that big old heavy scale Toyota will get over some stuff! Then came the Bruiser and if you could get those springs to move it would go places too! :laugh: I have had my Hilux out to the crawling spot for fun, I did not try anything to extreme for fear of a roll over….. but it will crawl…
So now like some of you I am in a phase of sorting out my collection, building some more shelves and generally getting on with it. I want to see it and enjoy it more often.
I am very inspired by what I have seen you folks building and doing and very grateful to have a space to share ideas. I figure I am late to the party again but I am still going to enjoy it as much as I can.:) I will try and contribute as much as I can when I can. Keep up all the great work, I am grateful to be able to see it and learn from you all and if I can help someone else I will try. But for now I need to get back to work…OK, and playing with cars………… Toys there not!!!

THE END....for now....I promise....B)
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by oldwilly.

My name is old willy and I have a problem..... 6 years 9 months ago #44856

Still reading :y: :)

My name is old willy and I have a problem..... 6 years 9 months ago #44874

Tamiya club is some cold elitist ish... it's absolutely ridiculous what they do to make you try and get in and then nobody ever answers you or you get confirmed into the help section but can't get your login for the normal section. This group is much more friendly and doesn't make you try and write an acceptance essay ...

Not sure about that, while I agree it was a huge hassle to get my login issue straightened out (someone on here gave me Andrew- the TC admin's contact info and since then all has been great. As for the elitist comment, not sure about that either.... everyone there has been nice but me..... and yes.... get in the forum not the main page thingy... I dont even bother with that at all (yeah i find it odd that there are two logins but it is what it is). Give the forums a try.... IMO it's a lot like here just with a lot more traffic.
<p>16 Tamiyas and the limit is reached (per the boss).... So I have to rotate to maintain that number.</p>

My name is old willy and I have a problem..... 6 years 9 months ago #44881

8 months no answers and still no login no answer no nothing.... very poor administration and very poor people skills on tamiya club. Perhaps you could let me know who I could actually send an email to so I could maybe get on. I'm 100% convinced they have no human admins whatsoever....

You forgot to add much like here except that they don't let you log in ....
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!

Last edit: by BCM06.

My name is old willy and I have a problem..... 6 years 9 months ago #44958

8 months no answers and still no login no answer no nothing.... very poor administration and very poor people skills on tamiya club. Perhaps you could let me know who I could actually send an email to so I could maybe get on. I'm 100% convinced they have no human admins whatsoever....

You forgot to add much like here except that they don't let you log in ....

Lol you sound like I did..... let me get you that email address. The admins name is andrew/Andy I don't know if their email links are correct as I did the same as you for a LONG time and got nowhere.... then reached out to Andrew and got in without issue.
<p>16 Tamiyas and the limit is reached (per the boss).... So I have to rotate to maintain that number.</p>

My name is old willy and I have a problem..... 6 years 8 months ago #45502

Hey all,
Sorry for the lack of posts, been battling a shoulder problem for a couple of weeks or so. Someone offered me about 3 tons of random cut limestone blocks and the wife and I went to collect it with a truck. In an effort to show off to her I managed to load even the biggest pieces by hand into the truck !!! They say with age comes wisdom....I am still waiting for that...:laugh: :laugh:
Seriously though I strained some shoulder muscles and pinched my ulnar?? nerve...makes your little finger go kind of numb, its weird, so I was told to ease up on it and given some exercises bla, bla, bla :( The biggest down side is even though I can work left handed for the most part and it makes an excellent excuse not to do work around the homestead the most uncomfortable thing to do is sit at desk height and hold my right arm up to use a mouse or keyboard, or modeling tools :( :( Huge pain in the butt. Its getting much better now so I am trying to post a bit. I just did not want you all to think I was MIA or drifted off to another place.......I really need to get smarter, I really do.......:lol:

The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

My name is old willy and I have a problem..... 6 years 8 months ago #45508

Hey! Be carefull buddy. Most of us aren't more 20. Since my accident in 2012 I take more care of my body.
Rhum, orange juice, and spifen when it need :D

My name is old willy and I have a problem..... 5 years 10 months ago #50513

Hey all,
Been having a new problem, seems I could not log in here for about the last 3 weeks??:(
I mostly log in from my work computer when on break, so perhaps it is a problem with our system but all seems to be fine today. Anybody else had this problem recently, everything looks fine, I can view al the posts and articles but when I click to log in I got nothing? Just a glitch I guess....hmmmmm :unsure:

Last edit: by oldwilly.

My name is old willy and I have a problem..... 5 years 10 months ago #50514

I haven't heard or seen any login problems lately, but if the login button at the top right does not work (the button itself) you could try logging in through the Registration page:

tamiyabase.com/...gistration
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.