Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New to the board with my newly acquired Hotshots... 5 years 9 months ago #50785

Hey there, Dan from Seattle here. Today I became the proud owner of two lovely little Hotshots. I'm fairly new to RC. I drooled over the Tamiyas and Team Associated buggies that friends had as a kid, but my folks couldn't afford to drop the $$$ to get me one. In all fairness, I didn't even realize they were kits at the time, and wasn't really the type of kid who would've seen one through to completion (I did trade a stack of comic books to a buddy for a Frog with a non-functional steering servo, and quickly traded it away out of frustration!).

I fell into RC by way of a yard sale a couple of months ago, coming up on two Traxxas Stampede 2wd trucks for a reasonable price. After pretty much going through them both completely, and getting them back on the road, I quickly found myself on the web drooling over the old buggies once again.

Long story short, I picked up this pair of Hotshots off of Craigslist, both complete and "running", and one with an original box 1/2 full of spare new and used parts. I put "" around running because while they both drive, it's tough to say how well since the Futaba controllers/receivers aren't functioning well enough to fully test. Doesn't matter much to me, as I plan to go through them both, and at the very least outfit them with new controllers/receivers, likely new ESCs, and probably ditch the silver cans for something with a slight bump in performance. Controller/receiver comes first so I can at least establish a base line before getting going.

One thing's for sure, these will be runners.

Anyways, just thought I'd introduce myself as I'm sure I will have plenty of questions along the way.

Cheers!
-Dan
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, goldfish999, Al, jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by danrighton.

New to the board with my newly acquired Hotshots... 5 years 9 months ago #50786

Hi and Welcome Dan :) Couple of nice vintage Shots you have there, A favourite of mine :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: danrighton, jord001

New to the board with my newly acquired Hotshots... 5 years 9 months ago #50787

Welcome on board Dan. Nice shots. I understood a little time ago why hotshots were so lovely.

New to the board with my newly acquired Hotshots... 5 years 9 months ago #50789

Welcome on board Dan :) :y:

New to the board with my newly acquired Hotshots... 5 years 9 months ago #50792

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi Dan, the Hot Shot is a great car, so nice one picking up two.
They both look they have been tweaked a bit.
The suspension bracket on the red one is after market or home made.

Al

New to the board with my newly acquired Hotshots... 5 years 9 months ago #50794

A favourite of mine :)

I see that! I checked out your thread in the "Look What I Just Got" Index...wow, your letter carrier must get a pretty good workout! Haha.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Last edit: by danrighton.

New to the board with my newly acquired Hotshots... 5 years 9 months ago #50795

They both look they have been tweaked a bit.
The suspension bracket on the red one is after market or home made.

Al

I didn't notice that, so thanks for the heads up. The guy I bought them from is the original owner/builder, so I might ask him what's what. He did upgrade the rear uni-shock suspension on the blue car to a dual shock setup. I'll post detailed pics as I start to go through them on another thread. Unfortunately I'm off to Colombia in a couple hours for a week, otherwise I'd tear into them right now!
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, jord001

New to the board with my newly acquired Hotshots... 5 years 9 months ago #50833

Welcome! I am also in the Seattle area if you want to meet up some time. I haven't built my Hotshot yet but it is on the list.

Eric
www.technicopedia.com/RC/

New to the board with my newly acquired Hotshots... 5 years 9 months ago #50837

Welcomebon board Eric

New to the board with my newly acquired Hotshots... 5 years 9 months ago #50853

Hey, good to know! I'll message ya off the board shortly. Traveling for a couple more days, and eager to get home and start tearing the blue one apart. Since I started the thread, I managed to order bearing sets for both Shots, and an RZ Super Stock. My plan is to just throw a cheap Hobby Wing ESC in with the RZ and give it a go. Long plan is to set them both up with dual shocks at the very least, and of course start accumulating all the "breakables" I can since I plan on running these with some regularity.

Cheers!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.