Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello! 5 years 7 months ago #52030

• Fuzzy
  • Fuzzy's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Hi everyone, I'm Tom from Alberta, Canada.
My first Tamiya was one of those mini tracked boards with the battery and the gearbox on it... And then the assembly bug bit and I got the repro Stadium Blitzer... And then it spiraled out of control from there. I recently did a refurb job on the old Blitzer with new 3300kv brushless motor, esc, bearings and body and it came out great. I also have a TT-02 zakspeed Capri (more on that in another thread), a wild one buggy, CC-01 bronco and a CR-01 unimog chassis that has a the old Blitzer body on it for now.

I run everything with a Spektrum DX4C radio. While Tamiya might not be on top of the list in some respects anymore, they can't really be beat in the kit/diy aspect.
----
Tom

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Fuzzy.

Hello! 5 years 7 months ago #52032

Welcome tom. Share your tamiya with us. ;)

Hello! 5 years 7 months ago #52033

• Fuzzy
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Well, alright... since you asked!

The first one is the refurbed Blitzer, fitted with the Fast Eddy bearing kit, a Reedy 3300kv 540-SL, Castle Sidewinder 3 and a Hitec HS-645MG steering servo and inverted knuckles to fix the bumpsteer issue. I still use NiMh batteries because I have a half dozen or so and a charger and am too cheap to convert to LiPO stuff just yet. Even though it's not really the best option for it, I put street tires on it as its offroad days are behind it... but it'll wheelie like a lunchbox if I tug on it fast enough. After the pain and suffering of the original body (seen below with the stock Bronco - sorry for the trauma it may cause) I tried to recreate it a little more prettily.

After that are the Buggy which also has a bearing kit in it and is probably my favourite to run around, and the currently rekt TT-02 Capri. The tough thing about this Capri is that for some reason the plastics in the chassis are super super brittle. Like look at them wrong and they break brittle as I discovered when taking it apart and retrofitting it with bearings and the big motor. I don't think a 4600kV Castle brushless and the companion Mamba X esc are in the best interests of this car. But I tried them out and they worked at very slow speeds around my kitchen - I'm looking for an F1 or good touring car chassis for this motor combo if anyone has some recommendations.
----
Tom
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Hello! 5 years 7 months ago #52034

• Fuzzy
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Additional Pics.

----
Tom
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Hello! 5 years 7 months ago #52036

Welcome on board :y: B)

ETA - what's the camera? Nice shots :) No matter what I buy/use, they never come out that well :(

Hello! 5 years 7 months ago #52039

Very nice Tom. And top quality picts. :y:

Hello! 5 years 7 months ago #52042

• Fuzzy
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
It's actually the camera on my phone - Huawei p10+ with the dual lenses.
----
Tom
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by Fuzzy.

Hello! 5 years 6 months ago #52043

Welcome from Norway and yes, I'm a Capri nutter. :laugh:

I'm into Capris for 22 years now, on my 6th real Capri (78' Mk3 2.3S), and have two Tamiya Capris.
One converted to run a TA02 chassis, which you can see in my TA02 thread, and I have a unbuilt Würth kit.

I don't like the TT02 either, have not found it brittle, but the weakest point for me is that the front suspension have a habbit of popping out of the ball in the arms and the plastic diffs and cups are really weak.
Had mine on a 5900kv setup on 2s, and the drive cups got round where they goes into the diff.
Real bad design regarding anything powerfull than a sport tuned motor.

I'm going to build the chassis and flog it and put my second body on something more retro.

Again very welcome to this nice forum :)

Richard

Hello! 5 years 6 months ago #52044

• Fuzzy
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Thank you! I've had nothing but bad luck with that TT-02 chassis and it's only a few years old.

I like the Capri too, it's a good looking car!
----
Tom
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.