Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi from a Tamiya fan 5 years 6 months ago #52110

Hi all,
Just joined the forum and want to say hi. I'm an ex-pat Brit living in Japan, so I suppose I'm pretty lucky as I have access to a huge number of great hobby shops! I mostly like plastic modelling, but I've always been a fan of their RC stuff too. I bought a Grasshopper when it first came out in 1984 and upgraded it to Hornet spec about a year later. I fell out of the hobby for a while, but I recently came across a few videos on YouTube of those classic old buggies in slow-mo high-def and my whole love for them came flooding back! I need to go exploring in my parents' house to dig out my old car and restore it back to its former glory. Looking forward to delving more into the hobby with all the discussions on here.
The following user(s) Liked this: Gripper107

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hi from a Tamiya fan 5 years 6 months ago #52112

Welcome on board :) :y:

Hi from a Tamiya fan 5 years 6 months ago #52113

Welcome to tamiyabase.

Hi from a Tamiya fan 5 years 6 months ago #52115

Welcome to the party :y:

Hi from a Tamiya fan 5 years 6 months ago #52116

Nice Japan, right on top of the source, where if i may ask.
Have friends who lived in Kyoto and now near Yokohama, whom we visited twice now, looking forward for the next visit.

Hi from a Tamiya fan 5 years 6 months ago #52128

Nice Japan, right on top of the source, where if i may ask.
Have friends who lived in Kyoto and now near Yokohama, whom we visited twice now, looking forward for the next visit.

I'm near Kyoto too. Plenty of good model shops nearby in Osaka!

Hi from a Tamiya fan 5 years 6 months ago #52130

So i guess you are a RC champ regular. ;)
Last time we visited October 2017, I noticed they quite reduced their stock of Kits, but the parts department is heaven compared to what is available here.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.