Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New guy in town (!) 5 years 3 months ago #53388

Hi, just registered. About a year ago I got the urge to have my first RC car again. The Ranger XLT, 58027.
Found out the re-re of the other SRB's, and have since bought a few Sand Scorchers and parts to recreate
a Ranger. Also got hold of a slightly battered 58058 that I might use the body from. Or copy.
Looking for the body posts, and fond exellent info on the front one, but not the rear so I made a topic on that.
This will probably be a slow build, not hurrying.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New guy in town (!) 5 years 3 months ago #53389

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi, if you keep looking on eBay the body posts do turn up. If you are patient the correct front grill and rear tailgate with FORD on it turn up as well.
Or look at Shapeways, you can get all the body logos to put on the new Blackfoot shell to make it an “ fake “ Ranger.
Al
The following user(s) Liked this: Oldtimer50

New guy in town (!) 5 years 3 months ago #53391

Welcome on board oldtimer

New guy in town (!) 5 years 3 months ago #53394

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Hi,

Welcome :)

New guy in town (!) 5 years 3 months ago #53395

Hi, if you keep looking on eBay the body posts do turn up. If you are patient the correct front grill and rear tailgate with FORD on it turn up as well.
Or look at Shapeways, you can get all the body logos to put on the new Blackfoot shell to make it an “ fake “ Ranger.
Al

Thanks Al! The 58058 does have the almost correct body with the FORD lettering, but is missing the switch cutout in the rear bed and the supports for the rear bar.
I did make a silicone mould of the rear tailgate and the polyurethane casting came out pretty ok, but not quite perfect. So I might just make a new mould. Maybe do the whole body this way...
I have seen the grille insert on shapeways too, and might go for it. The 58058 grille is lacking some chrome.
I saw one rear body mount on ebay once, but that became very popular and I lost it. I guess I could make one myself if I only had the measurements :lol:

Thanks again.

New guy in town (!) 5 years 3 months ago #53406

Welcome on board chap :y: B)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.