Keyword

TOPIC:

Back in the game! Tamiya collector Koenc saying hello. 5 years 2 months ago #53537

I see you have a couple of Lego Porsche's down there at the bottom. Glad to see I am not the only one with both addictions.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Back in the game! Tamiya collector Koenc saying hello. 5 years 2 months ago #53539

We're in the same boat then, although one of mine is even beyond the teens.. :ohmy: B)

ps. no need to remind me that I am getting old(er)... I have 2 teenagers at home for that :laugh:

Fantastic ... and daddy still plays with toycars! can you imagine :laugh:

Hi Koen, excellent to see you over here.

The “daddy plays with cars” is something I can relate to haha. My youngest calls them stupid cars.

Love the picture you shared, assume that’s my old Renault in there ;)

Rob

please rob don't critic renault. They pays me. :D
Have you got a 1/1 berlinette?

Back in the game! Tamiya collector Koenc saying hello. 5 years 2 months ago #53540

Hi Koen,

Welcome on here..i guess we are all "old" addicts playing with toys ! ( so says my wife ) ;) ;)
Lovely collection of cars you got there !
Happy to see another Tamiya addict in here sharing his "toys"

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
The following user(s) Liked this: koenc

Back in the game! Tamiya collector Koenc saying hello. 5 years 2 months ago #53544

• koenc
  • koenc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
If it has wheels and a motor. I'm your man :-)
I do love everything where cars are involved. Owned a few sportscars, drove RC cars form 1/43 upto 1/5th scale, did (alot) of go-carting (2 and 4stroke), collect 1/43, ... LEGO! Stil love it, .... it's all fine by me.
My main interest is Vintage Tamiya today though.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Back in the game! Tamiya collector Koenc saying hello. 5 years 2 months ago #53566

Welcome!

My top interest is also Tamiya and RC in general.
Lego is also one of my interest, but long time since I bought any new as Lego is almost as expensive as rc cars, and I rather buy rc than Lego for those money.
But I miss the smell and feel of opening a bag of lego bricks and build it.
I remember my first Technic Lego was the beach buggy #8345, followed by #8843 Fork Lift and then the #8851 Excavator.
Before that it was Lego City items at age 4-5 or so.
I never got Duplo, that's for toddlers lol

Another passion as young was plastic kit.
I recently found a picture with me building the Matchbox Mercedes Benz SSKL which was released in 82' as the 78' release had a different cover.
By 82' I was 6 years old.

RC has allways been a passion for me, both building and driving.
I like both things the same amount.
Got my first Tamiya RC Guide Book in 85' but, had to wait til 91' before I bought my very first new car.
Around the same time I also started to buy used cars from class mates etc, incl my Celica Gr.B

Seems many of us share the same intrest's :)
And many of us has a cat for some reason :lol:
The following user(s) Liked this: koenc

Back in the game! Tamiya collector Koenc saying hello. 5 years 2 months ago #53567

Lego Technic was my primary hobby for many years. I collected every Technic set ever made and created and curated the site Technicopedia.com which documents them all. It is a bit like this web site except that Lars is a much better programmer than me. More recently I've been selling off my Lego collection to fund my more recent RC hobby / addiction.

Back in the game! Tamiya collector Koenc saying hello. 5 years 2 months ago #53570

• koenc
  • koenc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Stomping Around
  • Stomping Around
I may have started a new LEGO topic here :blush: :laugh:

Back in the game! Tamiya collector Koenc saying hello. 5 years 2 months ago #53571

I kept all my technic. The white tractor truck and the black semi trailer with helico were the first. And the pneumatic excavator.

Back in the game! Tamiya collector Koenc saying hello. 5 years 2 months ago #53573

It looks like many of us followed the same path leading us to RC stuff !
I also had a few Legos back in time but actually i can't remember the kit numbers.
I got my first Lego train from my parents as i was 6. As far as i remember i had the folowing kits : 7750, 7725 and 7864...and a few others.
I also had a few Lego Technic but i really can't remember wich ones i had i jus remember playing with them and working with the pneumatic stuff !

Unluckily all thos kits got lost during the few moves we made back in time...

Becoming older my interests changed so i stopped playing with Legos and started to race motorcycles

My first new RC car was a Mud Blaster, wich was carefully build and played with and after a while upgraded with a Monster Beetle body set. I sold that car like to fund a part of the tires required for racing.

Many years after my first RC i got the virus again...and here i am. I was a Tamiya enthusiast before discovering Tamiyabase and slowly turned into a real passionate of Tamiya vintage RC cars...with a small preference for 3 speeds :whistle: :whistle:

Anyway, glad to have a passionate mate like us in here.

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Back in the game! Tamiya collector Koenc saying hello. 5 years 2 months ago #53574

My last lego was offered some christmas ago, and offered by my wife. :) It was the VW Bully.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.480 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.