Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Trying to update msc to esc on acoms arb-227 5 years 2 months ago #53731

Hi all,

After 30 years I'm finally trying to get my old car (Hornet) working again. This is down to my 7yr old son seeing the box and going what's that dad.
So after getting it out I realised I needed a few things.
First, battery, great motor works.
Second, radio gear.... battery box broken. Jerry rigged it to see if it worked, result. It does.
So after reading about new esc' I thought that was the way forward.
I purchased a "Mtroniks Auto Sport Tuned 20 ESC" unfortunately I can't get it to work.
I've tried plugging it in every possible way but no joy. Others have seemingly succeeded but I'm at a loss
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Trying to update msc to esc on acoms arb-227 5 years 2 months ago #53732

Hi all,

After 30 years I'm finally trying to get my old car (Hornet) working again. This is down to my 7yr old son seeing the box and going what's that dad.
So after getting it out I realised I needed a few things.
First, battery, great motor works.
Second, radio gear.... battery box broken. Jerry rigged it to see if it worked, result. It does.
So after reading about new esc' I thought that was the way forward.
I purchased a "Mtroniks Auto Sport Tuned 20 ESC" unfortunately I can't get it to work.
I've tried plugging it in every possible way but no joy. Others have seemingly succeeded but I'm at a loss
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

The pinout on really old RC gear is different, running signal, negative, positive from bottom to top on the Acoms ARA and ARB RXs, whereas "normal" pinout for modern rc gear is signal, +ve, -ve in the same orientation.

Assuming you have already killed the RX or the ESC (and the RX is configured to allow a +VE input on one of the servo pinsets to power it), then you might make it work by slipping the +ve and -ve pins out of the ESC plug & swapping them over :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.