Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sand rover 4 years 4 months ago #57643

Hi all thanks for your help, I haven’t got around to the wheels yet but I have done a bit to the body shell and cleaned up the chassis a bit.

I have also picked up a Tamiya cheetah so if anyone is knowledgeable or had any spare parts for one I would be grateful as mine is missing a few parts.
Thanks 😀
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: mongoose1983

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sand rover 4 years 4 months ago #57644

Your châssis looks nice. Nicest piece of a rover resto.

Sand rover 4 years 4 months ago #57645

Thank you, surprisingly the shock towers weren’t broke. And the body shell has all the parts with it. However someone drilled extra holes so I have had to apply some filler over the nice coat of primer. I’m just waiting on some body mounts to arrive for the chassis. I need a connector for the battery from the speed controller as o can’t find any in my parts boxes.

There are some marks where the tape was inside the chassis but once radio gear is back in its covered.
Underside doesn’t look too bad...

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Sand rover 4 years 4 months ago #57647

That is a FANTASTIC specimen. :)
When you get the front bodymount you can attach it and then cover the holes on the bonnet with Tamiya Putty. That will make the car look even better. Other than that, who doesn't love a Sand Rover?? It is definitely one of the most beautiful models ever made in 1:10 scale by Tamiya. :y:

Sand rover 4 years 4 months ago #57650

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Hi, nice resto.
Did you mean to fill in the hole on the body shell where the aerial comes up from the chassis. ?

Let me know what you are looking for on your Cheetah.

Al

Sand rover 4 years 4 months ago #57652

Love these! When i was about 12, we had an rc club in school. I didnt have a car but used to hang around. A few hornets, a 959, cant remember what else, but the teacher who ran it had a sand rover. I remember being amazed it had metal on it (front bumper).
My cousin had a holiday buggy but i couldnt use it.
Im surprised i havent owned a sand rover yet, getting expensive now too!

Sand rover 4 years 4 months ago #57745

Hi everyone thank you for the comments, I’ve cleaned the chassis up a bit more but need some connectors for the speed controller if anyone has any for sale.

I did mean to fill in the aerial hole as I thought it would look better without it and the whole was widened to much previously and didn’t want to bother around getting the original size.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Sand rover 4 years 4 months ago #57746

That’s cool, I wish I had that back in my school. I had a grasshopper and by older brother had a hilux that I was always very jealous off. Sadly he sold it many years ago without me knowing, annoyingly as I would have brought it.

Sand rover 4 years 4 months ago #57747

That’s a good idea, I was planning to put the decals over it as I have a set of mci reproduction decals but I think I will do that.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.