Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New member saying hi 4 years 5 months ago #57234

Hi, im quite an active member on tamiyaclub and never even know this site had a forum!
I have had lots of vintage tamiya over the years, sold them all 10 years ago and recently started again. Back up to 10 already!
Most recent purchase is a 58008 lp500s. I found this forum searching for info on these.
Seems to be a few that have been restored on here and somewhere i saw some interesting stuff on casting parts which may well come in handy as i think a few small body details are missing.
Im still waiting for it to arrive, ill start a thread on it when it gets here, just saying hello for now :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New member saying hi 4 years 5 months ago #57235

Welcome to Tamiyabase!
I've done a few castings of hard to find vintage parts, mirrors mainly, so let me know if you're looking for something to be made.
-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: Graemevw77

New member saying hi 4 years 5 months ago #57236

Welcome to Tamiyabase!
I've done a few castings of hard to find vintage parts, mirrors mainly, so let me know if you're looking for something to be made.
-Lars

I will, thanks.
I think it needs 1 mirror, i exhaust and a wiper. Might need a wing but that depends if i want to paint the wing or not. Ill know more when it arrives. No idea if it has the front bumper piece or the rear lights either but thats guesswork at the moment.

Ive wanted one for 15 years, pretty excited for it to turn up!

New member saying hi 4 years 5 months ago #57237

Welcome on board.
Share us some picts of your oldies ;)

New member saying hi 4 years 5 months ago #57239

Ok, lets see if this works.
Modified rere brat/blackfoot ranger type clone.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Graemevw77.

New member saying hi 4 years 5 months ago #57242

Ok, so they come up as attachments.
Lets try a few more...

Vanquish has hi caps, loads of custom carbon, rere uprights, alloy knuckles and a dynatech 01r

Super astute is vintage, full bearings and an acto pink. Wheels are dyed

Terra scorcher is stock but diy e clip shafts and reinforcement plates running an lrp 17x2

These 3 all get driven on track.
Attachments:

New member saying hi 4 years 5 months ago #57245

Black porsche is tao2sw, just detailing some fusch for it.

Grasshopper is stock with bearings and 540

Lunchbox has foams, spike rear tyres, multi colour cvas, fishing line mod, crp double wishbone conversion and a 13.5 brushless with an 18t pinion. Its good fun on track.

I also have another ta02sw black porsche unbuilt and a tt02 race car ive not driven yet. It has high speed gears, a 17.5t brushless, cvas and bearings but other than that im going to race it bog stock. ò
Attachments:

New member saying hi 4 years 5 months ago #57247

I just recently sold my original boomerang and an original kyosho tomahawk.
My previous collection included m38 wild willy, the first series of F1 (love that jps lotus!!!!!), a super champ, original monster beetle, a nikko dandy dash, an original ultima, heavily hopped up carbon ta03f and loads ive probably forgotten!

For some reason ive never owned an original sand scorcher!

New member saying hi 4 years 5 months ago #57249

Those are some beautiful cars! I'm especially jealous of the Vanquish.

Note that you can insert all those pictures inline in your post. Just click the "insert" button in the attachment area when editing your message.

New member saying hi 4 years 5 months ago #57252

Those are some beautiful cars! I'm especially jealous of the Vanquish.

Note that you can insert all those pictures inline in your post. Just click the "insert" button in the attachment area when editing your message.

Oh yeah!

The vanquish has been lowered and has carbon fibre top plate, g11, shock towers and switch bracket that i drew up and had cut.
I do have ball diffs and universals from the rere egress but havent felt the need to fit them yet.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.