Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New Gold Coast (Australia) member 4 years 3 months ago #57789

Hi, new member from Gold Coast here. I am 52 and got my first Tamiya (frog) in 1983 (I think) for Christmas. Bashed the badword out of it! Loved it! I later added a Lancia 037 body (I still have some of its decals on my sidchrome toolbox I got as an apprentice for NSW Railways in 1985!). I remember my parents were disgusted when I changed the body which really confused me and I actually asked my mother the other day as to why they were so offended (that’s another story though). A lot has happened RC wise in between but the short version is the family now have 3 TT02B’s, 2 Losi Junior T’s, an associated RC10L and I just ordered a Blue Brat. I also have an original Sand Scorcher body (still deciding whether to get re-release or try to find original chassis - probably end up with both!).

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

New Gold Coast (Australia) member 4 years 3 months ago #57790

• Al
  • Impressive Numbers
  • Impressive Numbers
Welcome to a great group.
With regard to your Sand Scorcher body.
I don’t think it would be too hard to put together an original chassis to go with it.

New Gold Coast (Australia) member 4 years 3 months ago #57792

Welcome on board .

New Gold Coast (Australia) member 4 years 3 months ago #57793

Welcome :)

New Gold Coast (Australia) member 4 years 3 months ago #57794

Thanks for warm welcome!
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

New Gold Coast (Australia) member 4 years 3 months ago #57797

You are in the tamiyabase team. :)

New Gold Coast (Australia) member 4 years 3 months ago #57801

Welcome on board chap :y: B)

Advantages of buying a re-re kit for the chassis - all bits present & correct; no threads stripped or bodged; pleasure of building from new bags/bubbles; cheaper than buying a used chassis & all the bits you'll need to fix it up.

Disadvantages - it won't match in age and that might begin to grate; having a new Beetle body that you won't have a chassis for, so you'll have to buy something for that too. ;)

Despite all the advantages of buying new, I think I'd go vintage under those circumstances :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.