Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Leaving a trail of dead cars... 4 years 2 months ago #58074

Hello,

I've found the model database here very useful, so I've decided to register as a user.

By way of introduction, I started out with a Hornet back in the time of the dinosaurs and ran it until the rear chassis, suspension and body were all just patches on patches on patches and it died. I ran a TL-01 with a Supra body on it against a mate with the same chassis and an Alfa body around various multistory carparks at night - great fun, but I got delusions of grandeur and entered it into club racing, was soundly thrashed by everything else that turned up and put it on a shelf, never to be touched again, More recently, I fitted out a Desert Fielder with a way-too-powerful brushless motor and ESC, new suspension, new hubs, suspension arms etc etc etc - it was absolutely brilliant...like a cruise missile with wheels - completely uncontrollable; it clipped a rock while it was briefly on the ground and re-kitted itself over an area of about 20m square in under three seconds - the debris is still on my workbench, but it's an organ donor rather than a viable patient...

I was hoping somebody could answer a question about the WT-01 chassis? Is it possible to fit a second gearbox and turn it into a WR-01?

Thanks for any help :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Leaving a trail of dead cars... 4 years 2 months ago #58075

Yes you can but i find the 2WD is actually more fun, with the right tires. There should be a thread I did about the WR/WT, upgrading the shocks, servomount, etc.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Leaving a trail of dead cars... 4 years 2 months ago #58076

Thanks for that - that was quick!

Why is 2WD so much more fun? :)

Leaving a trail of dead cars... 4 years 2 months ago #58077

Mmm, I also have one with 4WD but I kind of prefer how the chassis handles with just 2wd.
Difficult to explain.
But as it's a relatively easy swap go for both ;)

Leaving a trail of dead cars... 4 years 2 months ago #58078

I did exactly 4WD conversion you are describing on my Blackfoot Xtreme. You can read about it here . The conversion is pretty simple.

Leaving a trail of dead cars... 4 years 2 months ago #58081

Thanks for that - I was trying to find your/waterbok's thread(s) on the WT/WR chassis - the link is much appreciated.

:)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.