Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Portable Kicker 4 years 2 months ago #58179

So I'm all new to this RC business. Been a fan of Tamiya for far too long. Could never really afford one as a kid, but now I'm a bit older (more or less) I've gotten the bug.

Starting out easy with a DT-03 Racing Fighter. Its cool. I like it a lot. I've upgraded the engine to a super stock RZ which has more or less doubled the RPM and Torque, which makes a big difference and I've put some basic oil filled shocks on it which helps too. Bearings are on their way as well.

While ripping it around the backyard is fun, my friend and I were keen to jump it. after testing some makeshift jumps with garden furniture I put together this.

Basically I wanted a kicker and landing ramp that could fold flat and fit in the back of the car. It actually worked out really well, and there was no swearing or loss of fingers while building it. I made it as simple as possible with only 4 cuts, and a bit of screwing together as I don't have a workshop to build something flash.

I used 2 sheets of precut 1200mm x 600mm 18mm ply, and sheet of 1200mm x 600mm 6mm ply, a piece of 40mm dowel and a bunch of screws and hinges. Plus a piece of 40mm EVA foam as a crash pad (which has been a life saver - for the car).

It works really well. Full speed jumps will clear around 3 1/2m (14-16 feet) easily. With it only being 600mm wide makes full speed attacks a little hairy because if you miss, it gets a little messy. which is half the fun. In the action shot attached it actually landed on the flat past the landing pad.

anyway, I thought I would share as its a fun little project and easy to put together.

I have some videos but not sure the best way to show them.

now my trouble is that I'm already eyeing my next "upgrade" aka new car. Its only been a month or so. This is going to be an expensive hobby.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, yogi-bear, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, quattrokid

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: inserting pics :)

Portable Kicker 4 years 2 months ago #58180

welcome to the hobby altron.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.