Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

26 Year Old TA02 Restoration 4 years 1 month ago #58439

Hello all! Just found the forum - wish I had found a while ago, tho!

Dug up my old Alfa TA02 from my parents' storage. It's currently in about a dozen different ziploc bags after having dismantled and cleaned it all up. Took inventory of a few missing parts and I think I've found those and have them on order.

Bodies and upgrades though - I'm not sure where to begin? I'm putting all new electronics in, going to try to keep the original steering servo and motor - still shopping for a brushed ESC.

How do I know what bodies will fit - will this one fit ?

In putting the gearboxes and suspension back together - if I'm not able to find Tamiya brand greases, is there a substitute I can ask for at my local hobby shop?

I'll post more pics as I move along in the process. This is what she looked like a couple days ago :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: inserting pics :)

26 Year Old TA02 Restoration 4 years 1 month ago #58440

Hi and welcome on tb. Your ta02 looks fine. The body you show fits on the ta02.
For the grease, you can use classic molycote for example.. and first upgrade is to put ball bearings.

26 Year Old TA02 Restoration 4 years 1 month ago #58442

Hi check out quicrun 1060 ESC and GT2E remote, cheap and great quality for the money. The GT2E can handle unlimited receiver in case you plan on expanding ;)

For the car get the manual if you dont already have it pull the car apart and give it a good clean.
Recommendable upgrades, steel motor pinion, alloy motor mount, (fresh) bearings, and a hardened driveshaft.

That body looks still usable check shoogoo and mesh repair on google.

Last edit: by waterbok.

26 Year Old TA02 Restoration 4 years 1 month ago #58448

Thanks guys! Appreciate the info!

I have the steel driveshaft on its way. Ordered a Yeah motor mount, but it’s coming from Aus, so might have a couple weeks to wait.

The reason I’m asking about bodies is cuz I’m creating a livery design for all of our cars (this one, a buggy, and an SCT), so would like something I can’t start fresh and paint.

I’m running a Fut 4PLS radio and rx.
Fast Eddy bearing set any good?

26 Year Old TA02 Restoration 4 years 1 month ago #58449

for bearings you have rcbearing.net you have a link and a promo code.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.