• Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage Supershot 4 years 1 week ago #58616

• Girox
  • Girox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Hey guys. Trouble shooting here.
I cracked my front original diff case. Old plastic obviously. So I ordered a new one for hotshot/hs2 and Supershot. I fitted the old gears, bevels everything in it and it seemed just fine. But the slip diff is giving me problems. It crackles a lot when it comes in action when one wheel is stopped and the other is turning. I’ve taken it a part various times but it keeps doing the same. Could it be that the mounds are slightydifferent from the originals? Don’t know what else to do at this point unless I re install, glued back together the original...
If anyone has ideas, cause I’m out, thank you.
Cheers

Matt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Vintage Supershot 4 years 1 week ago #58617

Hi Girox,
Did you fit the C ring on the diff outers? I had the same matter on my boomerang. Andy adviced me that.

Vintage Supershot 4 years 1 week ago #58618

• Girox
  • Girox's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
Hey Stingray-63.
Yes I did. Walk in the park. But the plastic bag trick was awesome. Otherwise they would have flown into oblivion. I just needed someone to help me hold the casings whilst I used two flat screwdrivers to ease them out. Fitting them back in was a very simple obviously. Thank you very much for your help and caring now!

Regards

Matt
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.