Keyword

TOPIC:

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 11 months ago #59522

www.ebay.co.uk/...3591713242 ?

The Hornet is very basic & poor handling in comparison.

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 11 months ago #59523

I just spotted this as well 👍 im going to order this and then the extra bits I need from wonderland models. Thank you

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 11 months ago #59526

With some luck this could arrive just in time.

tamico.de/Tamiy...satz-58391

Had some DHL shipments to UK and they took 5-6 days. Don't add the paint this makes the shipping a lot slower as they have to use a special courier.

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 11 months ago #59527

Oops didn't see Jonny's post on page two. 🙈

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 11 months ago #59528

Small list for other bits and pieces he may need. Car should already come with an ESC and motor.

Electronics,
Remote, Flysky is a good brand and the GT2E a nice starter
Charger SkyRC, model S60 has build in ac
Batteries Vapextech 3300mah NiMh fit nearly all vintage Tamiya models
Servo any around 10-15£ should do

Tools, Tamiya Kits use a japanes standard called JIS similar to Philips but it's better to get a JIS screwdriver. Tamiya has a nice RC toolset (Blue grips)

Ball bearings make sense for the car, rcbearings.co.uk are great and as you joined TB there is a member coupon code.
The following user(s) Liked this: CamoRacer

Last edit: by waterbok.

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 11 months ago #59531

This is all great information, thank you so much for taking the time to write it out for me. I’ve ordered the one from eBay that Johnny sent and it’s Estimated delivery is before his birthday on Saturday.
Everyone has been so helpful in this group, I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok, Al, CamoRacer

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 11 months ago #59532

I’ve ordered it!! 😬 thank you so much for helping me

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 11 months ago #59534

Sorry, me again!!
Is this the right package deal with everything I would need? www.wonderlandm...ge-deal-1/
And can I be thick and ask what you mean by needing ball bearings. This is such a new world to me 🤦‍♀️

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 11 months ago #59538

Sorry, me again!!
Is this the right package deal with everything I would need? www.wonderlandm...ge-deal-1/
And can I be thick and ask what you mean by needing ball bearings. This is such a new world to me 🤦‍♀️

That would work. I see a battery, charger, radio, receiver, and servo in that starter package which should be everything he needs to get going. Ball bearing are not strictly necessary, but will make the model perform better. Many Tamiya kits come with plastic bushings for the rotating parts which will wear out pretty quickly. Building the model with ball bearings means less friction and longer life. They can be added later though.

For slightly more money, this version comes with a much better charger.
www.wonderlandm...ge-deal-2/

Last edit: by blakbird.

Buying Husband a Tamiya 58391 3 years 11 months ago #59539

Bearings are the first option to mount. Less friction and better run times. Interest to buy them before building iss that you replace directly bushings by the bearings and don't need to dismantle the rc.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.