Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello TamiyaBase 3 years 9 months ago #60472

Hi I'm David, based in London. I was in to Tamiya R/C models ever since I was kid, and recently re-discovered my Tamiya Avante 2001 (58085) in my parents loft. It dodn't take much to get it working again, just new batteries, so has been great fun to get it operate it again. I also had a Wild Willy Jeep that is not in good condition, and my brother had a Grasshopper and a Vanquish - both in bits. We also had a For RS400 Nitro model that is complete, but the engine doesn't run.

I'm interested in knowing more about the Avante 2001 - it seems to have been released in June 1990, so is amazingly 30 years old this month. I must have got mine in the early 1990s. I'm interested in tips for maintaining it, and also new parts like tyres and wheels I can get, as the original ones are well worn.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Edou, Jaylex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello TamiyaBase 3 years 9 months ago #60473

Welcome on board. You have a pearl and every part you need is still available. The avante and egress were rereleased ask to tonystamiyaparts on ebay. He has all you need and with cool prices. I am rerestoring my own vanquish.
Your wild willy is so a very interesting tamiya.
The avante 2001 has all the best parts from egress and avante.

Hello TamiyaBase 3 years 9 months ago #60475

Looks great for 30 years old :y:

ps I split your post off into it's own thread :)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, speedyboyd

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.