Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello TamiyaBase Three 3 years 9 months ago #60575

I’ve just found mine again and want to get it going, so following this for any advice. Although I didn’t find tonystamiyaparts on eBay. I have the same radio, but my shell is blacked out and no idea where the driver is. Can’t believe it got thrown away but may turn up some day. Found three old batteries as well, doubt I can use them still. Any ideas?
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello TamiyaBase Three 3 years 9 months ago #60581

Welcome on board :)

nb to all - I moved the above from another introduction thread, OP is referring to an Avante 2001 & an acoms mk.v (chrome) radio set :)

Batteries - possibly they will be ok, the only real way to find out is to "exercise" them - charge, fully discharge & repeat 3 times & see if the capacity comes back. They may well be purely ornamental by now thought ;)

Replacements - I'd suggest 1 or 2 3300mAH NiMH packs from Vapextech - www.vapextech.c...amiya-105/ .

Be aware your charger may (probably) not be capable of charging NiMH packs correctly, the delta peak curve is more subtle than NiCd. I always recommend the Imax B6 charger - even though it needs a 12v supply and is fiddly, it will charge/discharge pretty much anything.

Tony's Tamiya Parts : www.ebay.co.uk/...miya-Parts

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: Jaylex

Hello TamiyaBase Three 3 years 9 months ago #60591

Thank you Jonny. I have a new charger for other Rc stuff so should be able to cycle them and see what happens but yes after 30 yrs I’m not expecting much. First step though is to see if it will even switch on.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.