Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A quick intro... 2 years 10 months ago #67027

Hey All,
I bought a Super Hornet back in the '90s. And it's been packed away since sometime in the '90s.

After seeing some local kids with their RC's i decided to dig it out.

It needs some TLC. Which sent me down the resto rabbit hole. Which eventually lead me to here.
The following user(s) Liked this: Jonny Retro, Al, the11th, jord001, mirrorman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A quick intro... 2 years 10 months ago #67028

Welcome .. I'm just new here myself. 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

A quick intro... 2 years 10 months ago #67029

Welcome duck. We like pictures here. The chassis itself is easy to restaure. The body us harder. 

A quick intro... 2 years 10 months ago #67034

Welcome on board :)

A quick intro... 2 years 10 months ago #67038

Thanks guys.

Welcome duck. We like pictures here. The chassis itself is easy to restaure. The body us harder. 

Haha....  Yeh have started taking some, but they are still on the camera.  I'll do a resto post.  Be warned, my resto's take a long time.  I still have an old steam engine that is in pieces, from a few years ago.

The chassis is in fairly good condition, as it was already replaced once.  Have ordered a spare though, along with some other parts.
The body is the most shagged part, but it's fixable.  And as for the orange wheels......
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

A quick intro... 2 years 10 months ago #67039

Welcome to the forum Duck. That's sort of how I found this place when restoring my 80's cars, not seeing local kids with RC's but trying to keep my brain from melting, too much going on inside it :) 

I love it here and feel very at home. I love reading the posts and seeing how resto's and fresh builds go. And YES pictures are mandatory haha so don't forget to take some and get the others off your camera. 

The guys here are great, tons of knowledge about the models, what spares fit what, modifications, restoration, scratch building stuff, the list goes on. They're friendly bunch too and from all across the globe. Plus all the info here on the models themselves. 

Welcome again

Lee

Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

A quick intro... 2 years 10 months ago #67041

a steam engine I'm curious to see it.
I don't remind the wheeles of the super hornet but you always can dye them.

Last edit: by stingray-63.

A quick intro... 2 years 10 months ago #67043

Welcome Duck,

As Stingray already mentionned....show us lot's of pictures !

Manotas
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

A quick intro... 2 years 10 months ago #67111

Thanks again all.
Will get a build thread going this evening.  So pics are in-coming.... Pic below with the new shoes.

And yes, an old Renown 105 Steam Roller.  Mostly complete, except for piston and drive belt.  I was on a couple of steam engine forums, but my account kept getting cancelled due to lack of use.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Lemsko, jord001

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.