• Page:

TOPIC:

Another from UK 2 years 7 months ago #68226

• MadZero
  • MadZero's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Guts No Glory!
  • No Guts No Glory!
Hello - old RC lag from UK here. 
Just signed up because Google told me there was a Plasma Edge II manual on here but it turned out to be just body trimming instructions!   
However, in the spirit of being friendly I've kindly devoted nearly a minute of my time to cut & paste my Tamiyclub profile here for your reading pleasure. You lucky things...

I got my first RC car off a mate at school in 1978 when I was 13 and, bad as it was (old Eleck or Trial 12 dune buggy) it inspired me enough to talk my parents into buying me a used 1/8 Mardave circuit car from a local hobby shop, this was later joined by a 1/8 Mardave Stockcar, both had to share my only radio and engine, This same year Dad took me to watch my first proper race, the European National finals at Lilford Park after which I was truly hooked,

During the 1980s I had various 'toy' RCs including a Vanessa's Lunchbox (still have it) with but by the 1990s I was racing a Schumacher Cat, a Kyosho Lazer ZX and a Mardave Ministox competitively, I had some success with the Cat but eventually packed it all in to concentrate on 1:1 car projects,

In 2005 I got into collecting vintage Tamiya and joined Tamiyaclub where I founded the Eastern Bash which ran for a few years (often in conjunction with the Kent Bash) but it finally fizzled out following the loss of the venue when a suitable alternative could not be found, My interest in vintage Tamiya waned when they started re-releasing them and my collection like many others' was eventually sold off,

Nowadays I'm most interested in 1/8 circuit cars from the 1970s, I enjoy bringing them back to life and helping preserve the history of our hobby, I do still have a few Tamiyas but nothing like the collection I had 15yrs ago, I'm always pleased to hear from members who share my interests.
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, jord001, Ducksnuts, Clive533

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MadZero.

Another from UK 2 years 7 months ago #68227

Welcome on board.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, MadZero

Another from UK 2 years 7 months ago #68244

Welcome Mad
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: MadZero

Another from UK 2 years 7 months ago #68253

Welcome Mad!
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, MadZero

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.331 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.