Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What type of Hex’s are these please?? 1 year 11 months ago #71485

Hi there. I’m a first timer to Tamiya base but had a love for rc for a long time and still learning more. I appreciate the help. Ok, so     I bought these from eBay thinking they were vintage Tamiya hex’s for my top force and evolution. Come to find out that they look the same as the Tamiya’s but it’s got no pin slot, it’s heavier. Can someone help to tell me what type they are and what rc/ model they are for? Thanks a lot. 
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

What type of Hex’s are these please?? 1 year 11 months ago #71486

Could be for 1:14 trucks?

What type of Hex’s are these please?? 1 year 11 months ago #71490

They are avante egress vanquish hex and the 2 ones are for mad cap and king cab/ hilux monster racer 
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

What type of Hex’s are these please?? 1 year 11 months ago #71494

They are indeed for the 1:14 trucks as those uses splines instead of pin.
A few other also use splines.
Mad Bull also use those truck hexes.

Porsche 959/Celica GRB also uses splines so you can convert the stock 10mm hex to normal 12mm hex wheels.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

What type of Hex’s are these please?? 1 year 11 months ago #71535

Thanks so much for the reply Guys. YOU LOT ARE ALL LEGENDS!!! 🙏😁

I’m still finding my way round using the site to reply properly. I truly appreciate all your help and now know that they are for 1:14 trucks, Mad bull and learnt about Splines too. I can now move them on to someone who needs them no eBay etc and hope get the vintage pin version I’m looking for my top force’s.  I attached a photo of my vintage evolutions with hop up parts. I need to get an original titanium bag of screws set ( rare I know) to remove some titanium Allen screws on one car. Only thing not original also      is the MCI racing shell on the one at the left. I have the original unpainted shell with original decals and under cowl. Thanks so much for the help again guys. I’m glad I joined the Tamiya base a little while ago band have been learning ever since.  😁
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, Lemsko

What type of Hex’s are these please?? 1 year 11 months ago #71536

Yeahhhh pretty nice tfe. I used a tbg body and mci decals to restore my top force. Honnestly, if you aren't very close and if decals have been nicely sticked, you can't see big differences. TBG bodies are a little smaller than original. Like 1% smaller in my remind 

What type of Hex’s are these please?? 1 year 11 months ago #71538

😀Thanks mate! Always loved the top force and evolutions and glad to have them. They are beautiful cars. Ran my top forces maybe twice in 10 years briefly but will never run the evolutions.😂 But that’s just me and that’s what makes the hobby fun, it’s up to the individual. Thanks about the info about the difference on the MCI decals and TGB body. 

What type of Hex’s are these please?? 1 year 10 months ago #71543

I never run my tf and tfe. Only restore the tf and bought the tfe already like new

What type of Hex’s are these please?? 1 year 10 months ago #71545

😀Totally understand. I love to restore as well and enjoying finding the bits etc. so much fun! I run my Tt01 if I ever feel the need. 

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.