Keyword

TOPIC:

My workshop 8 years 4 months ago #36148

The mural was always intended to be a backdrop ;) You can still see most of it from front on :) Don't you recognize that car :ohmy: tamiyabase.com/...rt=0#22952
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by AndyAus.

My workshop 8 years 4 months ago #36149

The Chameleon:lol:
The following user(s) Liked this: AndyAus

My workshop 8 years 4 months ago #36151

Hey JR, Here is a pic with the shelves :blink: I think the issue is that there are no cars on display at the bottom and it's mainly green there, might be a good spot to put some of those Tamiya posters I'm going to laminate....

Ok, I see the problem here ... in Sheng Phooey terms, the directionality of the cars (all pointing outwards and left is sucking your Chi right out of the door :D

Another way of looking at it: your neat freak side (stark lighting, regimented shelving, regimented objects, all straight lines) is being thrown in to sharp relief against your artistic side ...

... yet another: industrial vs organic ...

All the ways of looking at it are coming to the same conclusion - that area is not balanced, and that's why it doesn't look right to you. I think the solution is _not_ going to be add more regimented stuff in the free space, it's going to be to soften the lighting (I'd suggest warm white LED ribbon lighting for the cars & brighter, task specific lighting like anglepoise lamps on the bench), breaking up the order of the cars - angles, + mix up the directions & chassis types, or at least have them in a "hidden" order (release date, date you bought them, favourites at the focal point & radiate out?), and to make the bench look a bit more lived in - old mugs with brushes & pens in, a radio, photos maybe, oft-used materials - you get the idea.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, AndyAus

My workshop 8 years 4 months ago #36155

Okay got it, Add soft Mood lighting then leave my Coffee cup and biscuit plate on the bench after I've finished looking at the display :lol:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut

My workshop 8 years 3 months ago #36241

Finally 2 years after having the wheels powder coated and new rubber fitted, I spent today cleaning all the other parts so I could fit them back to the bike :ohmy: :ohmy: :blush:

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, Edou, stingray-63

My workshop 8 years 2 months ago #36558

So The display over the mural has been annoying me no end :angry: Today I did something about it :) I split the difference between the shelves on the left and finished adding the fo grass bases B) MUCH better :y: :) :)

Attachments:

My workshop 8 years 2 months ago #36561

Nice! They look like à Smart center.
Clean and right. Tip top Andy :y:

My workshop 8 years 2 months ago #36563

Nice! They look like à Smart center.
Clean and right. Tip top Andy :y:

Lol :laugh: Good call, my stack probably has better power to weight though :evil: :laugh: :laugh:

My workshop 8 years 2 months ago #36565

:ohmy: :huh: I was sure that the smart was ep rc cars. I have some at work and they have all a charger :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My workshop 8 years 2 months ago #36671

Looking through the tread I realized that I hadn't posted a pic of the deck area as it stands today, I still need to add the step to the grass and the reflected ceiling on the veranda but I'm getting to it :lol: I have finally decided on the finish for the workshop wall & I'm getting to that too :lol:

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.