Keyword

TOPIC:

Any gamers here? 11 years 4 months ago #15049

Anyone here play computer games - particularly online?

I'm quite a fan of Pardus , which is a MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). It's based on the old BBC Micro space tradiing game "Elite", but runs entirely in your browser (no downloads). Exploring, shooting, trading etc. It's not high speed action, more strategy and it has a great community.
If you're into that sort of thing, take a look - it's free!

I also tried Eve Online, but it doesn't run well on my PC and I'm too tight to pay a monthly subscription.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Martin Bell.

Re: Any gamers here? 11 years 4 months ago #15053

Reallife Halo,

:laugh: :laugh: (play it Vintage on the old Xbox)

and Sam Fisher

maybe I should upgrade to a 360
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re: Any gamers here? 11 years 4 months ago #15062

To carry on with the general vintage theme I've been having fun with Atari 2600, NES and Philips Videopac recently. Played on a Gamecube at the weekend and the 3D graphics blew my mind. Just been watching Halo 4 being played and the graphics are amazing.

Re: Any gamers here? 11 years 4 months ago #15063

Loved Halo! Doom, Dead Space, Bioshock, Farcry 2 have all been my favourites. I've been chomping my way through Fallout 3 for the past 3 years(!), I've "finished" it several times, but have always been left feeling like there's still stuff to do, so I go back to a previous save & taker a different route to see what happens, & end up playing for another week having found yet more stuff I was unaware of! HUGE game, but it's getting a bit tedious now. Just bought a game guide for it, to see how much more I've missed, & there's still tons of it. Guide is like a phone book (750 pages!)

Trouble is, gaming really sucks the time out of your life (Like browsing the net), so I tend to play for a week, then put it down & do something else for a month or 2.

As for 360s, if you find your "old" Xbox is doing the job ok for you, don't bother upgrading. The 360 is a terrible bit of design & is very unreliable as a result. I spent a while fixing them for cash, but just got swamped with the sheer number of 3RROD faulty units. The common overheating & X-clamp fault is just the tip of the iceberg, & despite numerous attempts to sort it (I think there were at least 7 different mainboard versions in the original run of white 360s) microsoft still haven't sorted it properly.
Although they often die for no apparent reason, the biggest culprits for causing problems are; incorrect positioning with decreased cooling airflow, vertical positioning, internet connection &/or labour-intensive applications. The DVD drives will also play up if they do a lot of "reading", so best download the game to the hard drive & play from there.
In summary, if you use the space-saving mounting option & play cool up to date games online, your 360 is pretty much doomed. I give it a month...

Re: Any gamers here? 11 years 4 months ago #15066

Recently completed Gears of War 3, and just about to wrap up Borderlands! :evil:
<p>Current projects:</p>

Re: Any gamers here? 11 years 4 months ago #15069

I've got Borderlands 1, haven't played it yet, it's still on the side wrapped in cellophane from my birthday (October) last year... and Dead Space 2

Re: Any gamers here? 11 years 4 months ago #15071

Borderlands 1 is pretty awesome... want to finish it before I get 2. Can't wait for GTA5 next year! Got through Fallout New Vegas which was a mammoth task. Still yet to find my 'perfect' driving game though. :unsure:
<p>Current projects:</p>

Re: Any gamers here? 11 years 4 months ago #15073

Still yet to find my 'perfect' driving game though. :unsure:

Hill climb racing for Android. ;)

:laugh: :laugh:

Would love it if that could feature some Tamiya models like Willy, Frog etc.

Re: Any gamers here? 11 years 4 months ago #15078

There was a game "Crash Cars" for the PS2 that was ground-level 1st person view RC car racing, nitro off road with a variety of venues/landscapes including Area 51 - it was hilarious, complete with bugs, bystanders to harass, getting shot at, run over etc! I miss that game, I'll have to see if it was available on Xbox & if so, get it

Re: Any gamers here? 11 years 4 months ago #15137

Not an active gamer at the moment but I've played a lot (too much) in the past.
All kinds on the PS1 and PS2 - Battle Field 2 (I'm a general, lol), Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy and many years of FIFA...
Mostly strategy games on the PC - too many to name really.

:side:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.408 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.