Keyword

TOPIC:

1965 Mustang Restoration project 3 years 2 months ago #64523

That's nice to keep a maximum of original parts. My friend kept his original horse for his 67 289 stang for exemple.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1965 Mustang Restoration project 3 years 2 months ago #64525

Yep that Car SOS Lotus intstruments was epic!
I have wanted similar to that since I saw that episode last summer.

You are welcome to forward me the contact details via PM if you want.
I bet those don't come cheap.

Capri have similar round instruments to the Lotus, so it should be possible to make for that too.

1965 Mustang Restoration project 3 years 2 months ago #64526

PM sent 
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

1965 Mustang Restoration project 3 years 2 months ago #64528

PM sent 

Just replied 

1965 Mustang Restoration project 3 years 2 months ago #64530

This project is so cool.  You are diving so deep into this restoration and it is great to see all the details.

1965 Mustang Restoration project 3 years 1 week ago #65532

Before I could continue, I had to wait for the good weather to return. The last few days it was quite warm (23°C) and I took the opportunity to finalize the paint job on the front part.

Before I could continue, I had to wait for the good weather to return. The last few days it was quite warm (23°C) and I took the opportunity to finalize the paint job on the front part. I took the opportunity to apply some coats of lacquer before proceeding to the reassembly of the other components such as the hood lock.

This is with the brackets and the hood lock. All the elements have been sandblasted, repainted and covered with a layer of lacque...
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

1965 Mustang Restoration project 3 years 1 week ago #65534

Once everything was in place, I started to assemble the body parts. I know they are not in perfect condition because the aesthetics will be done after the completion of the mechanical part. 

When I tried to install the turn signal lights, I realized that the bracket that holds them in place was corroded. So I had to prepare the sandblasting cabinet again, treat them with epoxy and repaint them. Once this was done, I was able to reassemble the whole thing.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

1965 Mustang Restoration project 3 years 1 week ago #65537

Great work, they are a labour of love for sure and things always pop up that need fixing. Now I know I have somewhere to post up my vintage Honda's resto's once I get my garage space a bit more organized. 

Lee
Regards

Lee

1965 Mustang Restoration project 3 years 1 week ago #65539

The next step is to install the front lights. All the adjustment mounts were corroded, worn or covered with layers of paint. Needless to say, everything was blocked and unusable.

On the right side i can say that nothing went wrong. I just replaced the adjustment screws and holders.

On the left side, things got a little more complicated. The bracket was broken and almost unusable. Fortunately, I had a spare part for it.

The screw broke in the thread, certainly due to a bad quality of screw. So I drilled and threaded again to install a good quality screw

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

1965 Mustang Restoration project 3 years 1 week ago #65541

Aahhhhh awesome manu. You still did a nice work. In a few time, the family car will take the road again. :)
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.