Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CC02 is coming... 4 years 7 months ago #56430

Tamiya has finally released a picture of the next generation of the CC chassis, the CC02 :y:
No other info atm..

But in this picture we can spy a live axle, which is good :y: :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

CC02 is coming... 4 years 7 months ago #56431

Dude!

CC02 is coming... 4 years 7 months ago #56449

I've been following all the speculation, I felt all along the only thing the CC02 was guaranteed to have was disappointment ;)

I'm also a bit surprised that a CC02 has preceded an "MC01" chassis (much lower/sparser chassis, RWD only with live axle/cart springs at rear, IFS at front, better front motor/gearbox rendering/position, huge potential range of muscle car bodies).

On the basis of that photo, all the CC02 has really done is moved the complaints about the CC01 getting hung up on the "brick" back 2" (50mm) or so, and taken away sales from the CC01.

Still, a live axle front end would have been a much better choice for several of my CC01 projects, so depending on price/options/availability, it could well become my new chassis of choice, despite all my complaining ;)

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

CC02 is coming... 4 years 7 months ago #56454

More details on the CC-02 chassis:
About the Model
This is a 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 455mm, width: 196mm, height: 207mm. Wheelbase: 267mm.
The boxy form of the G 500 is recreated accurately in polycarbonate, with separately moulded parts included for the front grille, side mirrors and spare tire cover.
Designed for a wide range of off-road scenes including rocky terrain, the CC-02 chassis’ ladder frame is inspired by full-size vehicles and is the base for its superior durability.
A 4WD setup employs the motor longitudinally behind the front axle, with separated gearbox and transfer case, and propeller shafts transmitting power to the differential gears front and rear.
Twenty gear ratios (Yes 20!) between 11.09:1 and 29.28:1 are possible using separately sold pinion gears, for fine-tuning!
4-link rigid suspension is employed front and rear, with CVA oil dampers.

Detailed introduction to the CC-02!
DIFFERENTIAL GEARS
3-bevel differential gears not only give smooth drive, they can also be locked (with reassembly) for driving on poor surfaces.

AXLE HOUSINGS
Housings enclose a central differential gear and axle shafts in a rigid setup that lets the model take on rough terrain with ease: if one wheel rises, the other is pushed downward to help the model gain traction

GEARBOX
Power from the motor is routed via the realistic looking gearbox and transfer case, from its propeller shafts to the differential gears, and finally to the wheels.

4-LINK SUSPENSION
A rigid setup employs 4 plastic link arms on each axle housing and four oil dampers. This ergonomic design offers superior durability and the ground clearance for peace of mind on undulating off-road terrain.

Source (thercracer.com)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Last edit: by larbut.

CC02 is coming... 4 years 7 months ago #56458

Four link front and back, realistic gearbox and transferbox, , massive range of gear rations and narrow track.

Finally Tamiya have listen! :y: :y:

And lastly we can soon build scale trucks with Tamiya parts :)
Just hope it's not a CR01 kinda deal, that one had too much strange solutions and were top heavy.

CC02 is coming... 4 years 7 months ago #56459

Wow, this has pretty much everything we could have asked for. The only missing bit of information is the steering which was pretty bad on the CC-01.

The first model is a G500, but I would love to be able to buy this as a chassis kit. My highly customized Jeep Wrangler JY would be much happier on a CC-02 solid axle chassis, especially with the ability to use a much lower gear ratio rather than an 80 turn motor like I am using now. It would be cool to be able to buy the chassis and do the conversion without getting another body I don't need.

CC02 is coming... 4 years 7 months ago #56461

Wow, this has pretty much everything we could have asked for. The only missing bit of information is the steering which was pretty bad on the CC-01.

The first model is a G500, but I would love to be able to buy this as a chassis kit. My highly customized Jeep Wrangler JY would be much happier on a CC-02 solid axle chassis, especially with the ability to use a much lower gear ratio rather than an 80 turn motor like I am using now. It would be cool to be able to buy the chassis and do the conversion without getting another body I don't need.

I agree!

Me too also hope for a chassis kit only down the line.
I'm not a Mercedes fan, so the body is the first thing to go.

CC02 is coming... 4 years 7 months ago #56462

Me too. Not fan of the scale G. They could keep the cc spirit with highly detailed abs bodies.
This description looks to be a mini and multipurpose CR01. Surely more polyvalent. That sholud be a very interesting build.

CC02 is coming... 4 years 7 months ago #56471

More pictures are posted online

Source: Tamiya / Mokei Kagaku - Model Science on Facebook

Seems a little bulky to me??
Remove some stuff and it will be more neater quit rapid.
To me it seems they have planned on to make it possible to add leaf springs to those axles.
Which in case is great for me as I like leaf springs :)

Last edit: by caprinut.

CC02 is coming... 4 years 7 months ago #56472

Well there's certainly a huge difference between this and the CC-01. It looks as much a CR-02 as a CC-02. I don't see any obvious way to mount the old CC-01 hard bodies, but I sure hope there will be an adapter.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.