Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Photobucket. 4 years 3 months ago #57782

I'm still using Photobucket, but the last days their site is down and all pictures posted on forums are gone, even if you have a paid account.

Really annoying, but I have no plans to move 1500 photos ot other host's, most of them I don't like anyway.
And it was also annoying that I met the 25mb limit, not actual picture number.
So instead of 2.99 pr month as I've been paying each month since the free account was over (been using their site since 05'), I now had to pay 5 bucks pr month to be able to upload any pictures at all.
That's a increase of 40%, but better than the ransom they had a couple of years ago.

I was a bit smart and used another email address than the one I acutally used, so I never got a ransom note.
But then again I paid 2.99 each month.

But come on Photobucket!!!!!!! 3 down days are not good for your business!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Photobucket. 4 years 3 months ago #57806

The bit Photobucket has forgot to mention is that they having a big snow blizzard over there right now.
And this has casused power outage for nearly 300.000 in Denver Colorado during this past week.
Then the power outage damaged hardware at Photobucket.

If they had told this to the people, I feel more of us will be a bit more understanding.

Just saying we are down for 5 days are not the right way to do it.

If I was able to google this all the way from Norway, they should have been able to tell this to the public, or is it just me that sees the obvious???

Photobucket. 4 years 3 months ago #57807

And the is why I move to Imgur years ago for any photo host requirements ;)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Photobucket. 4 years 3 months ago #57996

And finally Photobucket are working again after 3 weeks. :y: :y:

Also I checked my account last week (folders and account have been up for about a week, but no pictures or thumnails were showing, and all links were dead), I have not 1500 pictures, but 13200++ files, which convert to pictures.
I have no plan to move all those pictures, not yet anyway

Yes I have 13k ++ pictures, loads of car shows and rc pictures from the last 14 years.
So I take roughly 1000 pictures a year.
At each big car show I take at least 100 pictures, or in case of the Capri tour to Germany's biggest Capri meeting around 550 pictures.

In the future I will try to go over to Google Photos, as Photobucket have a habbit to break down every 3 year or so,.

But I'm happy for now as I can see my pictures in my threads again :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.