Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lego Technic heaven! 3 years 10 months ago #60232

This is, to put it short, a shout-out to our member Blakbird who's running a site called www.technicopedia.com.
It's a site with an overview of all Lego Technic kits from the very first ones, to the latest.

Go have a look!
Seeing these old Lego models reminds me of my own Lego days in the late 70's, nd the memories are good. I'm sure I'm not the only one starting off with Lego, advancing to Lego Technic and then moving in to Tamiya RC.

I realize, after looking at technicopedia.com that I (or rather my parents) was early, as I had 3 of the 4 1977 kits, and then some the following years.

These are the one's I had:

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by larbut.

Lego Technic heaven! 3 years 10 months ago #60233

Yes that site is fantastic and Blackbird did an awesome job listing them :y: :y:

Same as Tamiyabase, I have used that site several times when looking which models I had.

Any yes Lars, I was in the same boat.
Did go for ordenary lego to Technic Lego and then RC.

Will list in a bit which ones I had :)

Lego Technic heaven! 3 years 10 months ago #60240

I begun by a tamiya gh1 and after to legos.

Lego Technic heaven! 3 years 10 months ago #60241

:( I didn't find my 2 big rigs. But the other yes :)

Lego Technic heaven! 3 years 10 months ago #60242

Mine was.

I still have all of those and some of my normal lego kits.
Have to order a few items to make them complete again, some colors are hard to get hold of or expensive.
These was in boxes last year and they are now rebuilt after ordering a few parts.
Attachments:

Lego Technic heaven! 3 years 10 months ago #60243

Well this is a pleasant surprise! Thanks for the interest in my Technic site. Since I use the same root URL for my RC site, I'm not surprised some of you have happened upon it. I always figured there was likely to be a significant overlap between LEGO (especially Technic) interest, and RC interest. Both involve mechanical building and seem to attract similar types of people. I was into the Technic thing for a couple of decades. Although I am still interested, I've sold off most of my LEGO collection to fund my RC collection. The hobbies seem to ebb and flow. I also once had a company making homemade telescopes, and I've been into woodworking and auto repair as well.
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Lego Technic heaven! 3 years 5 months ago #62534

Today I got a package from a Danish Bricklink store to replace broken or wrong parts on my 3 Technic kits, as these had been in parts for years before I built them and between then and now some parts was missing.
I do have to replace pump cylinder on both the fork lift and the excavator and one of the cylinders as these broke today.
But now they are now complete for the first time in years.

And I did a rebuild of my Model Team Formula 1 about a year ago I think as it had a thick layer of dust, hence no side stickers anymore.
But I won't pay $60-130 for those stickers which is the going rate these days..

And the package arrived very shortly, ordered on Saturday from Denmark, posted on Monday and I got it today.
Not bad concidering the times we are in and we only have post deliver two times per week (Tuesday, Thursday) one week and 3 times the next week (Mon, Wed, Friday) due our postal service has been downsizing the recent years due the low letter volume.

Fun to do something different for a change and still vintage :)
Bummer is that Lego kits has gotten very expensive the recent years.
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Lego Technic heaven! 3 years 5 months ago #62535

I have a similar Fenwick but mecanical system with more realist forks.
Nice collection Richard

Lego Technic heaven! 3 years 5 months ago #62561

hi i got like a crap load of vintage lego here

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.