Keyword

TOPIC:

Adventures in painting 4 years 2 months ago #58234

Awesome jonny. I would like to build a ho train circuit but not enough place. Ip

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Adventures in painting 4 years 2 months ago #58238

I've got a confession to make as well... In the planning/design stages: (H0)

Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Adventures in painting 4 years 2 months ago #58239

nb

HO gauge = 16.5mm (0.65") gauge track but 3.5mm to the foot (1:87) everything else

OO gauge = same track, but 4mm to the foot (1:76) scale everything else ... almost exclusively British & unread of elsewherw :whistle:

Adventures in painting 4 years 1 month ago #58341

Fantastic guys :y:

I will highly recomend to visit in Miniture Wonderland in Hamburg where the biggest HO railway in the world is located.
They also have their own series on Youtube.

I been there, and I wish I could have been there longer (my mate was not intrested at all)

I also have a confession to make, when I was a young boy I dreamed of one day have a whole basement with HO railway that would go up in the house.
Still to this day have the thick Merklin and (Weller?) catalogs from late 80s or early 90s, not sure of the years. I was reading in them for hours and dreaming away like I did with the Tamiya and Kyosho catalogs.

Last edit: by caprinut.

Adventures in painting 4 years 1 month ago #58554

More progress :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: larbut, stingray-63

Adventures in painting 4 years 1 month ago #58558

What a dream Jonny .

Adventures in painting 3 years 7 months ago #61746

Added a backdrop to the railway - N guage wool mill/hills photo spray mounted to 3mm foamboard & the sky cut off, the edge painted Tamiya Light Sea Grey :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Adventures in painting 3 years 7 months ago #61750

Wahhhhhhooooo. Another dream project for me. N size is smaller than ho? A pure diorama jonny!

Hornby Dublo OO train set 3 years 4 months ago #63127

After being of the receiving end of a lot of "hints" :whistle:, I've done a little more on this - added a lot of trees, and roads/yards/paths in a uniform "tarmac" scatter (more work to come on that later).

I've also started on lighting. Off the shelf street lamps (centre) look too blue for the 1950s so tried clear orange (left) and clear yellow (right, too green looking IMO).

Because of having multiple discrete areas of foamboard, all removeable from the board, lighting will have to be by those same sections, and battery powered with a "hidden" switch. I started on possibly the simplest sub-board as a proof of concept, I just have to do something similar on the 8 other boards ...

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Adventures in painting 3 years 4 months ago #63128

Wahhhhhhooooo. Another dream project for me. N size is smaller than ho? A pure diorama jonny!

The track/trains/buildings etc are all OO (same track as HO, just 1:76 instead of 1:87 (? IIRC).

It's the just the printed backdrop that's N gauge (9mm track, 1:148 rolling stock) as I thought the smaller scale (and much lower height - 8" instead of 15") matched the hill better.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.