Keyword

TOPIC:

Motorcycles 3 years 6 months ago #62274

In my remembers the 1100 gsxr was the first stock motorbike to go to 300km/h in full power. In France we are limited in power. I love the first srad in blueand white.

Wiki says GSXR1000 only did 290km/h.
Hayabusa Gen 1 was the first to 300 it says.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Motorcycles 3 years 6 months ago #62276

Yeah, Rambo rode a Yamaha XT250

en.wikipedia.or...maha_XT250

Motorcycles 3 years 6 months ago #62278

In my remembers the 1100 gsxr was the first stock motorbike to go to 300km/h in full power. In France we are limited in power. I love the first srad in blueand white.

Wiki says GSXR1000 only did 290km/h.
Hayabusa Gen 1 was the first to 300 it says.

Yep sorry. : blush: that's the hayabusa

Motorcycles 3 years 5 months ago #62646

Got this "Kawasaki KLX 230 ABS" in the beginning of this month. Great light and nimble bike that can take me everywhere I want to go.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, AndyAus, Al, 1972 LeMansGT Jim

Motorcycles 3 years 5 months ago #62662

Oh man that looks like fun. I am really in need of an off-road bike.

Motorcycles 3 years 5 months ago #62675

Yes you are, Blakbird. So what are you waiting for?
I read that you currently ride the "Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic LT cruiser", which to me is a 'Harley', a bike so heavy and large you cannot, in no aspect, manage it. It is beautiful, and surely sounds awesome, but you should still sell it and get a 250-500 cc (not a 750, not a 650) bike - that is managable. Even though at first you may feel as if a part of your body is missing, you will soon feel free, as if a burden has been lifted off you.

You may very well disagree, my philosophy of riding on two wheels is that unless you are able to fully understand the physics of the bike, you won't be satisfied. Because to master the beast you must ride one that *allows* you to master it. A 200kg+ Harley will never let you, even though there are some pretty skilled officers I've seen doing impressive stuff with heavy rides. Basically get a bike that you're able to pull out of a ditch without any help.

Now, there are a few exceptions, one of them Pol Tarres. A not so heavy dude doing crazy stuff with a Yamaha Tenere 700. Hold on to your hat -

Motorcycles 3 years 5 months ago #62696

Different bikes are for different purposes. The Vulcan is for cruising the highways in the mountains and it is perfect for that. Weight is irrelevant in that environment, I just want it to be comfortable and smooth. I've had every size of bike from 50cc to 1500. For an off road bike I'd like to get something around a 250. I totally agree that off road I want it to be light enough to throw it around with the strength of my body.

Motorcycles 3 years 5 months ago #62715

Today I sold my GS450. As the buyer was driving away, I watched it on the road and thought; "Badword! What a beautiful bike".

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Motorcycles 3 years 5 months ago #62716

As soon as we came out of our Covid lockdown here in Melbourne I got mine out for a blast :)

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, uncletom

Motorcycles 3 years 5 months ago #62717

That's great Andy! You have summer over there these days, so the fun season is starting for you, right?

Wow, you've got some heavy bike there. Where do you ride?

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.