Keyword

TOPIC:

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 2 years 11 months ago #66018

My cutter doesn't like lettering below 10mm high. The secret on mine is to use a new 60 deg cutter and the slowest speed. Cameo 4 can do small tuff much easier. 

Regards

Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 2 years 1 month ago #70684

My plotter/cutter has been sitting on a cheap, folding keyboard stand for a long while - it puts it at a useful height, but the space underneath it is kind of wasted ...

I scribbled out a design for a roller cabinet on the back of an envelope for 18mm plywood (with a 9mm back), worked out a cutting list & got an online supplier to cut & deliver it. I can't say it was cheap, but a table saw, shed to house it, & stocks of 8' x 4' sheet would be quite an overhead.

Construction is wood glue, screws & pins with small castors on the bottom - I would have liked bigger but the unit is tall, narrow & has most of the weight on the top - increasing the CoG for the sake on making it a bit easier to move (very occasionally) didn't seem worth it. I may get to paint (or at least seal it) in the Summer. 

It's also given me a permanent place to site my 2kg powder fire extinguisher.

The void in the cabinet holds six 33L folding crates - which means I can now see some more carpet & display case.

I've also been looking at the pine desk - in the same space that I can currently fit 4 crates, I could make something similar that would hold 6 crates and the two boxes of self adhesive vinyl rolls - exposing even more of the carpet & display cases (at least until I collect more projects & materials ;) ).

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 2 years 1 month ago #70686

The art of space juggling, been doing that in my spare room. 
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 2 years 5 days ago #71134

Made a bunch of plates to label my folding crates ... TBH the size was dictated purely by wanting to get the required number out of one A3+ sheet of 1mm styrene. 

I started with clipart & spent some time on the layout of the early ones, but it was taking too long & the later ones are text only.

Still need to punch a lot of holes & zip ties them to the crates.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, yogi-bear, stingray-63, AndyAus, Al

Used vinyl cutter shenannigans (formerly part of "It's tool time!" thread) 2 years 4 days ago #71139

Those labels looks great!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.