Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Chassis and colour questions 2 years 5 months ago #68927

Hello everyone, I have some questions.

Does anyone know the correct red and blue for the Tamiya logo? I've seen it in red and dark blue and also with red and light blue, Wondering which one is correct?
Has anyone run A CW-01 without the height blocks? I've seen the lowrider pumpkin but that uses a different chassis. I'd like to still use the bigfoot wheels
I know you can run a 10 or an 18 pinion on the CW-01 but Is there an adapter plate to run alternate pinion with the same gearbox?

Thanks for any info

Lee
Regards

Lee
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Chassis and colour questions 2 years 5 months ago #68932

Hello everyone, I have some questions.

Does anyone know the correct red and blue for the Tamiya logo? I've seen it in red and dark blue and also with red and light blue, Wondering which one is correct?
Has anyone run A CW-01 without the height blocks? I've seen the lowrider pumpkin but that uses a different chassis. I'd like to still use the bigfoot wheels
I know you can run a 10 or an 18 pinion on the CW-01 but Is there an adapter plate to run alternate pinion with the same gearbox?

Thanks for any info

Lee

I'd like to think there are official Pantone (or maybe even RAL ;) ) codes for them I know the blue is lighter that I thought it was without looking at the logo ... it's going to depend what sort of paint you want to use, TS/PS aerosols can be decanted & airbrushed but I don't don't know if I'd want to have those "open" long enough to do test mixes, so you're kind of stuck with specific colours.

TS49 Bright Red looks a good match in the catalogues, TS10 French blue is wrong but it the best match IMO.

PS2 Red again looks ok, PS3 Light Blue is a bit light, PS4 Blue is stupid wrong, PS30 Brilliant Blue is probably the closest, but a bit dark.

X7 Red dries a bit too dark, X14 Sky Blue is too bright but you could potentially lighten & darken up respectively.

Anything is going to be compromise.

You've pretty much described the vintage Pajero wheelie, but that had regular sized wheels (a la Brat).

AFAIK 18T for regular wheels and 10T with the adaptor plate for big wheels (or silly motors) are the only options. Having said that, there is a slidy type adaptor for the Frog/ORV gearbox & you'd think that would be the epitome of fixed gearing options, so it's theoretically possible I guess ...

:)

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Chassis and colour questions 2 years 5 months ago #68941

My cw01  lunch pick-up has not its height part. And Quattro wheeles. 
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Chassis and colour questions 2 years 5 months ago #68942

You'll find the adjustable motor mount on ebay among other places.
Cost about 20 quid.

There was also a vintage one back in the day, don't remember who made it, but it will likely be costly if you can find one.

The CW-01 Lunchbox chassis is based on the Pajero (58944) chassis, because of that you can see details on the CW-01 chassis that is not in use.
Removing the battery tray and fit Hornet gearbox holder will simply convert it back to Pajero spec.

I happen to own but the Pajero chassis and CW-01.
As you can see mostly the damper location on the chassis is different between them.
Pajero to the left and CW-01 to the right

You will not be able to run the big tires if you remove the front bulkhead and the battery holder as body will sit far too low.

But you can lower you Lunchbox.
Mine is using 55mm touring shocks and spacers between shock mounts and chassis to lower the center point.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, jord001

Chassis and colour questions 2 years 5 months ago #68949

Nice one chaps,

Thanks Jonny, I can mx most colours I have tons of airbrush paints  I just needed a ref to go by. I will look at the ts49 and ts10 and go from there. 

Richard I will try the chassis then and see what I come up with. I haven't got spare riser blocks hence why I asked and I will try to find that motor mount, maybe get a pic of it and see if I can create one to print. Update: Found one and I could probably fabricate one from 3mm aluminium. I'm not paying £30 for one :) 

Flo, drop me a pic of that Lunch Pickup  :)
Regards

Lee

Last edit: by jord001.

Chassis and colour questions 2 years 5 months ago #68953

The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.