Keyword

TOPIC:

Caprinut's 78' Ford Capri 2.3S (V6) - Slow progress... 11 years 11 months ago #8770

At last I got a real car again, not the new badword plastic fantastic rubbish ones..

Since there is not much available here in Norway, I bought this in Lithuania for under the half of the they usually cost here...
The car in question is a Ford Capri Mk3 78' 2.3S, a very early one that is, from March 78' wish is the first production month of the Mk3.

Very little rust one this one, looks good so far I can tell yet, I will investigate more when I got it up on a ramp later...

Pics from the first wash...

The plan for this year is to get it technical good and some cosmetic changes as correct Mk3 grill and white indicators.
Has allready changed the sparkplugs, distributor cap, rotor, fan belt and thermostat.
From ebay I have ordred sparkplugg leads, steering wheel, gear knob, and leds for the instruments.
Have also ordred steering rack bushings as this is a manual one, fuel pump and white indicators from a norwegian part supplyer...

Interior wice I gonna change the homemade center consol in wood for a 2.8I item and a few other changes...

All in all I'm happy with this car...
Oh and the German look will go away as I don't like the yellow stuff, nor the side skirts and the rear valance skirt..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by caprinut.

Re: Got a real car again - Ford Capri Mk3 - vintage lo 11 years 11 months ago #8773

I think that could be great looking car, once you've undone all the previous owners "tasteful modifications" ;) :y:

I've always had a soft spot for the Capri - my grandmother had a gold one in 1977 :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Re: Got a real car again - Ford Capri Mk3 - vintage lo 11 years 11 months ago #8785

Mmmm Capri! Love slotmags, hate the toast rack, body kit & interior. Needs to be lovingly dipped in some black, preferrably satin.
Hehe, badword filter didn't quite pick that up - hover your mouse over the post title...

Re: Got a real car again - Ford Capri Mk3 - vintage lo 11 years 11 months ago #8786

Thanx fellas :y:

When finished it should look like this

And if I can get hold of a orginal S interior I will change the one I have now..
This is a S interior:

The Slotmags are not staying, I think I will get some 7x15 or 8x15 Minilites...

Re: Got a real car again - Ford Capri Mk3 - vintage lo 11 years 11 months ago #8787

Looks nice with the Revolutions, but Minilights? - Yuk! Not sure about the 70's golfing trousers on the seats either! I think if I were to go down the classic car route, it'd have to be an old Celica LB GT, or possibly mk3 Cortina... with slotmags, of course

Re: Got a real car again - Ford Capri Mk3 - vintage 11 years 11 months ago #8788

I think Minilite is one of the better looking wheels on a Capri..

Second on the interior list is the 280 interior, that model was never sold in Norway and are very rare at 1038 made (the last of the Capri production)

Essex 3.0 engine is the one I want most, but there are a very few left for sale and the Norwegian gouverment is very strikt to modding cars...

Re: Got a real car again - Ford Capri Mk3 - vintage 11 years 11 months ago #8789

And the reason I call my self Caprinut..

Capri number 1, no pics..

Capri number 2, 75' MkII 1600L

Capri number 3, 79' MkIII 3.0S

Capri number 4, 74' MkII 1600 GT converted to 3.0

Capri number 5, 80' 2.3S

The red one is my #6 Capri and my #11 Ford....

Last edit: by caprinut.

Re: Got a real car again - Ford Capri Mk3 - vintage 11 years 11 months ago #8802

What's that hiding to the left in pic of #3? That's more up my street. Yep, the 280 interior is far less offensive! A lot of the 3L V6 lumps found their way into old landrovers & Hiluxs, so maybe a hunt around the 4x4 club classifieds might be the place to look? I'm not sure but I think some of the Transits were fitted with them too?

Re: Got a real car again - Ford Capri Mk3 - vintage 11 years 11 months ago #8804

Picture nunmber 4 from top in first post I'll guess???

That will be my mates Granada Mk3 (UK) or Scorpio as we call it...
2wd 2 litre converted to Cosworth 24v V6 4X4 with manual gearbox (something you diden't get from Ford, no 4x4 or manual together with 24v engine..

I helped my other mate to build that about 8-10 years ago, but I do not like Scorpios nor Sierra :P

I can get a brand new 3.4 Essex (they made them in South Africa) for 3.500 punds here in Norway, but I think that is to stiff price for what you get..

Yes the Essex engine did came in Transits, also in Granada and Consul and of course in Capri from 70-81, the 2.8I engine replaced the Essex 3.0, too bad as I think the 3.0 is heeps better and have loads of torque, something the cologne engine did not have..

If I would have another old car, that have to be a slammed 67' Beetle or all variants of the VW busses, T1-T2-T3

My late dad was a big VW fan and he had a split bus, beetle, bay bus and a T3 transporter when I grew up.
I'm the only Ford man in my famliy, that is the brand I like most and feels like me...

Re: Got a real car again - Ford Capri Mk3 - vintage 11 years 11 months ago #8812

Er... in pic number 14 from the very top, white with black door & bonnet.... Don't like mk3 Nadas, had one for a bit & it was awful, much prefer the mk1. Never been sure about Sierras, at the time I hated them cos they were all pointy & new-looking, but in comparison with most modern cars, they look loads better I think.
Drooled over the Cortina version P100 for a bit, but they've all long since rotted, so I guess I'll never own one

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.