Keyword

Poll: Which Battery Connectors do you use? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Tamiya
9 37.5%
Deans
9 37.5%
Traxxas
1 4.2%
Corally
No votes 0%
Powerpoles
1 4.2%
Something else
4 16.7%
Total number of voters: 24 ( blakbird, AndyAus, rseery, dreadly, Manotas ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

Which Battery Connectors do you use? 11 years 11 months ago #9588

Just wondering what battery connectors people use - TBH I'd expect the majority to be using Tamiya connectors for the sake of originality, with "Deans" in 2nd place ....

Poll choices are:

1 - "Tamiya" connectors, obviously the choice for originality, but pretty hopeless in use - they don't conduct mush power, after a few uses they become unreliable, especially if you throw a bit of muddy water into the mix...

2 - "Deans" connectors - seem to have quite a vociferous following, fanboys seem oblivious to the fact that they're difficult to install, very difficult to separate, and very ugly.

3 - Traxxas connectors - never used them so I can't really comment.

4 - Corally connectors - I never like the idea of so much exposed conductor myself ...

5 - Anderson Power Poles - my choice as they're easy to install with a decent set of crimpers (and/or solder), come apart easily (though _not_ by themselves), and seem closest to the ethos of the original Tamiya connectors - an easily pull-apartable 2 way connector with enclosed conductors. (I get mine from Technobots , btw :) )

6 - anything else

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: Which Battery Connectors do you use? 11 years 11 months ago #9589

XT60 for batteries

and 4mm goldies to the motor

Re: Which Battery Connectors do you use? 11 years 11 months ago #9590

personnaly, I use tamiya connectors. I don't make competiton and they are enough efficients. When they are ko I change them.
I have its on my xpress pro too.

Re: Which Battery Connectors do you use? 11 years 11 months ago #9603

I stick to Tamiya connectors as I've never had any problems with them (Except they get loose with use, but it's no hardship to tweak the poles tighter again). The other reasons are, no messing about buying & swapping connectors, use the batteries as they come, & you're more likely to be able to borrow a battery & use it should you need to (Assuming the people you hang about with aren't Deans fans).
Don't like Deans as there's no mechanical method of attaching the wiring (Crimping, screws etc) & it's a really bad idea to rely on just solder on a high power connector that is expected to get hot, or in an application where if the wires desolder themselves & short, would be disastrous.
If I were forced to use something different, I'd probably go for some kind of polarised bullet or banana connectors.
Motor bullet connectors & silicone shrouds are easily sourced from automotive electrical suppliers if you ask for "Japanese bullets" by the way (If you haven't already got a source).
Another piece of useless information is that Coca Cola vending machines use Tamiya 6V type connectors on a lot of their components....

Re: Which Battery Connectors do you use? 11 years 11 months ago #9619

I prefer to change all the connectors to (black) Deans... and make sure they're soldered well of course.
Some people don't like them because it can be hard to get them disconnected.
The trick to this is to not pull on both sides but put your thumbs together and push them apart.

Using a Tamiya connector with a Lipo battery can be murder if the connection gets loose btw.

Re: Which Battery Connectors do you use? 11 years 11 months ago #9626

Using a Tamiya connector with a Lipo battery can be murder if the connection gets loose btw.

Really? I would have thought it would weld itself up quite satisfactorily :whistle: ;)

Re: Which Battery Connectors do you use? 11 years 11 months ago #9627

I meant to say Lipo's will die when the current is interrupted... :cry: ;)

Re: Which Battery Connectors do you use? 11 years 11 months ago #9633

Really? I wonder if that's something to do with the protection device activating when it sees the surge current of reconnection. Do they not reset once the fault is removed? At that point I'd be removing the protection device due to the irritation of "intelligent" devices making life difficult. These devices are the reason there's so many laptops & portable DVD players about being sold spares/repair with "dead" batteries, by the way - the devices need voltage to function, & if the battery goes flat during storage, the protection device locks itself in a disconnected safe state

Which Battery Connectors do you use? 10 years 10 months ago #21687

Bump for funkindemup. ;)

Which Battery Connectors do you use? 10 years 10 months ago #21694

for sure the Deans (Or T-Plug's) Are Ugly :sick: But .... does it realy change some ? :dry: Ugly or not here they are used for highpower conections. Anyway i use Tamiya-Conectors they are reliable cheap and best of all easy to assemble or dissaemble ;) i use also the BEC conectorts too for various devices souround me. in my modellcars i only use them or what i can find useful in the electric Devices i find and diassemble (another hobby and BEST source of my electronic parts like engines, gears, led's, ic's, resistors, capacitors :laugh: )
Onroad Pack: TL-01 Ford F-150 SVT /\ TA01 Nissan Skyline GT-R NISMO /\ TA03F Mitsubishi Evolution 4 (Rally) /\ TT-01 2003 Calsonic GT-R /\ TA02 (blue version) Calsonic R-33 GTR /\TA03F '99 Calsonic GT-R /\ GM TC4 '99 Skyline GT-R (roller) /\ TA02 Blitz Toyota Supra (Drift)(almost done) /\ FF02 Toyota Celica (W.i.P) /\ GP Racetruck (schaltgetribe 2 Gang+R W.i.P.) /\ Ownbuild Supra (FH Layout W.i.P.)

Offroad : Nikko Thor (Monstertruck) /\ TL-01B Baja King /\ Hitomi (Own Construcktion Scaler W.i.P) /\ AS-01 (reely version of TL-01B) Cross Tiger (actual just RWD) /\ P-440XL Reely Iron Breaker

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.