Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Amazing what u find when you clean the hobby shop! 10 years 4 months ago #26276

HI!... Got home after work tonight and decided to clean the old hobby shop a bit. I'm mostly a Tamiya man, a lot the last 3 years as I'm trying to collect the Tamiya 1st 100 cars. I'm already about 65% there. :mrgreen:

Anyway over the past 10 years I've been slowly gathering RC10 stuff. Restoring a car here and there when not working on the Tamiy's. :D

So I started going through stuff and man oh man I didn't realize all the RC10 related stuff I had. Nothing really extraordinary but just a lot of normal RC10 stuff. I took a few pics while organizing it.

This is just the white plastic stuff. Most has already gone through cleaning and the whitening process, but others still need to be done.

So then I opened this cardboard box and holy wheels/tires Batman! I didn't even know I had these. :shock:

So then I started opening these plastic storage bins and found these! :shock:

Then I found a small container of all black RC10 parts.

Then a bin full of RC-10 shocks that obviously need to be cleaned and rebuilt. :lol:

Then a bunch of bins full of hardware.

Then the rear surprise was opening a box labeled "X-MAS" and it had this in it!

And these :

At least now I know where the rest of the parts for that Graphite chassis went! :mrgreen:

BTW anyone know what brand this steering bell crank is?

Over all it's been a great day! :D X-mas came a bit early. Can't believe I totally forgot about all this stuff. Time to start building some cars! :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Amazing what u find when you clean the hobby shop! 10 years 4 months ago #26279

amazing :y:

Amazing what u find when you clean the hobby shop! 10 years 4 months ago #26281

It must be nice that you don't have to leave your home to go x-mas shopping :lol: :y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Amazing what u find when you clean the hobby shop! 10 years 4 months ago #26284

Very nice. Would you consider selling any of the parts?
My RC10 has been dyed the colours of the rainbow and I would like to return it to all white.

Also, it has "Andy's" white wide front suspension arms - are they worth anything? (I prefer the stock narrow ones).

Amazing what u find when you clean the hobby shop! 10 years 4 months ago #26287

H.P,You refer to the 'whitening' process,what is this mysterious procedure? :blink:

Amazing what u find when you clean the hobby shop! 4 years 9 months ago #55602

Can I be your friend ;)

Amazing what u find when you clean the hobby shop! 4 years 9 months ago #55623

H.P,You refer to the 'whitening' process,what is this mysterious procedure? :blink:

Hydrogen peroxide and sun light. I think I posted some results on my 4x4 Chevy wheels and if my memory services me, Jonny wrote an article on here about it.

I picked up a 10-12% HP on eBay and a day in the sun. I’ve successfully whitened many parts like this.

How that helps

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.