These look pretty good value for money love the look of the frame buggy

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: Kyosho Sandmaster (New) 11 years 8 months ago #11227

That confused me, I could've sworn the sandmaster was a nitro

Re: Kyosho Sandmaster (New) 11 years 8 months ago #11232

There certainly seems to be a lot of interest in this, & it's a great price - 109 GBP for an RTR (with a steerwheel TX, unfortunately) & 69 GBP for a semi kit.

I'm still not sure I'm tempted though - it looks a bit narrow, the front wheels are too wide, the rollcage is a little bit heavy & makes it look a bit toy like, and by the time you replace the pogo stick shocks with proper oil dampers, I suspect you could have bought something better in the first place ... and of course, it's not a Tamiya ;)

Re: Kyosho Sandmaster (New) 11 years 8 months ago #11240

I can picture the scenario they're aiming at - little Derek (Was gonna say little Jonny) has seen an HPI Baja & is driving mum & dad mental with the "I wants" - something that looks like, but without the hassle/danger of IC, ready to run straight out of the box Xmas day, with an affordable price tag.... I'd say Kyosho had been paying attention to the market before releasing this one, it's a similar proposition to Tamiya's cheapest starter car, but looks like something every kid wants - Holiday buggy or baja looking thing, hmm, let me see....

My first thought on seeing it was, those tyres look good for a scaler project, I wonder if they're a standard size? Not sure about its fat droopy rear though, looks like one of the local landworkers....

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.