Keyword

TOPIC:

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 8 months ago #44699

Got a box here..

Let's open it.

Oh wow! All sorts of goodies here! Buggy stuff! wheels! metal parts! some yellow stuff .. paper stuff,

And a catalog. So that I can see what else I maybe like to buy.

I guess this is my new car. This is it, there is no more. Are there parts missing .. ?
You can tell it's no Tamiya by the lack of plastic moldings and these rather skinny part-bags.

Let's skip the building process, it's boring anyway and I'm sure we have several of them on youtube already. So a few coffees later ...

It's yellow, it's streamlined, it's a looker, it's Scorpion.

It doesn't quite smell like Tamiya, something about the rubber smells more synthetic. It was a different challenge to build, more rustic, primitive, less plastic, less of everything actually. Instead of large molded chunks of plastic there's aluminium plates with holes, bent beams, smaller screws (M2.5), all metal gears, and NO MOTOR!? (never mind, I used a Tamiya one)

But it's lovely. At least I love it. I love to look at it, love to hold it, love to press down on it to watch the dampers compress. And I can't wait to drive it!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 8 months ago #44703

It is very pretty. A nice buy. :y: you fall in love. He need only a mega motor from kyosho. Congrats buddy. I had the same impressions with my top force evo and my egress ;)

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 8 months ago #44704

Now for some interesting observations that I am pretty sure differs from Tamiya's kits.

Print on tires! How sweet. I'd never manage this kind of perfection myself. Thank you very much Kyosho!

These parts here I find interesting. The black inserts are used on Tomahawk and Turbo Scorpion, but not on my Scorpion, at least not according to the instruction manual. They go between the front damper stay and the main beams, on either side.

Another interesting detail typical to Kyosho's Scorpion, Turbo Scorpion and Tomahawk, and surely others: The "Front Arm Shaft" is a round bar, slightly bent on each side to create the angle of the front wheels. It's variable! You can choose to install it in various angles. Remarkably simple design.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 8 months ago #44705

Thanks Sting. Yes, I fell in love already in the pictures before I bought it. Just like Tamiya's Fighting Buggy the Scorpion has a very realistic look.

A closer look at the front arm shaft and how it installs.

Attachments:

Last edit: by uncletom.

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 8 months ago #44706

:D Some kits gave this effect. I am waiting the good opportunity to buy a 959....

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 8 months ago #44707

What's a "959"?

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 8 months ago #44709

:blush: the tamiya Porsche 959. I fell in love with it in my friend rc shop more than 20years ago. I have the same sensation as you with the scorpion.

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 8 months ago #44710

Oh that one! Yes it's very good looking. Can you find the body only? Perhaps you can use it with the XV-01 chassi, that would be awesome.

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 8 months ago #44715

The 959 is a 1/12th scale. The body is available in repro by TBG. Decals from MCI. But all the chassis is compact and beautifull.

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 8 months ago #44723

Are they not re releasing the black porsche for the 45 anniversary or something?
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.