Keyword

TOPIC:

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 9 months ago #44729

Are they not re releasing the black porsche for the 45 anniversary or something?

That is the 911 not the 959. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 9 months ago #44749

Yea Porsches all look and sound the same to me, like a stepped on beetle running a non muffled lawn mower engine lol.
Keep the rubber on the road! PM me with any Alfa Romeo bodies!!!
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 9 months ago #44785

A few tips & tricks I picked up on my adventures in the MINT 400 through the years.

... as if..

When going on a SAFARI RALLY, we need a spare tire, just in case one of our front tires blow. We don't bother so much with our rear wheels since they're filled with foam, and never blow.

Starting with something that grips the beams, here a metal hole-band bent around the roll cage.

And some screws, not to screw it up .. ;) M4 will do the job.

Bingo! We have a spare on our back!

Ready for SAFARI, or california, or whatever bug infested terrain that pops up on the map.

Now we're missing a front right wheel!? I'd better buy an extra pair on ebay.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 9 months ago #44800

Now I am considering using the Tamiya brushless motor "54275 / OP1275, 16T Brushless 540 Sensored" with one of my TBLE-02s ESC.

But then I've discovered Kyosho's NEON ONE from Team Orion, however they say it's a Kyosho original product. It's brushless but needs no sensors nor sensor cable. Why?

Which would you use, and for what reasons?

Thanks for any information on this.

.. several features I found about the Neon One:

• High performance brushless electric motor
• Motor housing made of brushed aluminum
• High-performance brushless controller
• Sensorless system
• Suitable for 1/10 RC cars
• Extremely high efficiency
• Waterproof
• Designed for use with standard gear ratios
• Supplied with pre-set standard setup
• Anti-cogging system (no jerks when starting)

Obviously it uses some system that doesn't need sensors and that extra sensor-cable. What's their secret? And, I cannot use it with my Tamiya TBLE-02s ESC, right?

Attachments:

Last edit: by uncletom.

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 9 months ago #44801

Yea Porsches all look and sound the same to me, like a stepped on beetle running a non muffled lawn mower engine lol.

Now that's funny, almost fell off my stool here! I had been very much part of that world in a past life, but I could not agree more, non muffled lawn mower engine!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Hi Tom,
As for the brushless question, and I am no expert, the cheaper brushless setups with out the sensor don't have good slow speed operation. The sensor sort of tells the speed controller where the rotor is in relation to the magnets so it knows better how to apply power for an even rotation. It is not a big deal with aircraft motors as they don't really need to go that slow and if you don't intend on crawling this car it won't be that big a deal, most cheap ready to run brushless cars are this way. They are a bit twitchy coming off the line but once they are rolling at a good speed I don't notice a problem :) . Again I am not tech expert and I am sure others will debate my simple description but the advice is free so you get what you pay for.....;)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 9 months ago #44802

Also that car looks great!!! I might just be inspired to do one myself a pretty cool design for 1982!!!

And I think you can use that motor with the TBLE-02S controller you just need to reprogram it to brushless mode.
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Last edit: by oldwilly.

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 9 months ago #44803

Thsnks for you view on this, Willy. :)

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 9 months ago #44804

TBLE02 comes stock in brushless mode . You will have to run it through highpoint , brake , Reverse setup and you want to see a red led for brushless....the only issue I've had with this esc is if you have a semi decent servo at 1.5amp disable your BEC as it will cut it sometimes.

Last edit: by BCM06.

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 9 months ago #44810

I read up on this outr of interest (rather than having any experience of trying it), apparently the S is TBLE-02S stands for sensored & it won't work with sensorless motors.

The only problem I've had with sensorless brushless motors (various EZRUN combos & one Bullistorm combo, which apparently had a very poor reputation, all I can say is mine never blew up in the once I used if before selling the car it was in :whistle:) was old/poor quality/insufficiently charged batteries not having the oomph to deliver the power needed on initial acceleration & the voltage dropping to such an extent that the radio & ESC shut down... I never saw any cogging, probably down to thinking about the gearing, and turning down the "punch" setting out of respect for old geartrains...

Sensorless motors seem a better idea where the tiny connectors of a sensored setup are likely to be exposed to water and/or dirt, but if your aim is the best value way to a brushless setup then getting a sensored motor & using a TBLE-02S ESC you already have has to be the cheapest way ... or maybe not if you're looking at a Tamiya motor :whistle: ... it could well be cheaper to buy a sensorless motor and a sensorless-capable ESC from another manufacturer.

:)

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 9 months ago #44814

The tble02s is a pretty crappy esc In my opinion.... and how stupid are they to supply an ESC that requires a sensored motor and not include the cable necessary for connection. I really hope tamiya pulls it's head out of its own orrifice and drops the fricking LIFo stuff soon.

Try a hobbywing combo Tom.

Last edit: by BCM06.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.