Keyword

TOPIC:

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 9 months ago #44986

Have been running brushless vehicles for almost a decade now & started using the cheaper Chinese stuff. They're OK for what you pay for them but you'll never win any races but was a really wise step until my skills improved enough to warrant something faster. I've had most of the decent brands as combos over the years but the best thing I ever did was get a Tekin combo for the 1/8 buggy. I'm only running it on 4S at present (6S capable) but it outperforms any Castle or Novak gear I've had in the past & the Hotwire interface is very good. It might cost more for the initial outlay but there will be no burnt out speed controller to contend with. I've seen far too many Hobbyking, Turnigy etc units burnt out simply because the owner didn't consider the max burst rate of the lipo they was using. Just because a speed controller is said to be rated for example at 2S it didn't necessarily mean it'd cope with absolutely any 2S lipo. The sad bit is that if they'd taken a little time to work out the power output mathematically it should've alerted them to the fact that it wasn't a good idea.

BTW sensor cables can also be purchased separately but they're kinda pointless in having one without a motor. Personally I think the Tamiya TBLE02S is a pretty nifty piece of kit as it's not only really cheap but it'll run with either brushed or brushless motors.
My other car is a Tamiya - bumper sticker on my van

Please Log in to join the conversation.

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 9 months ago #44992

Thanks for your thorough explanation there, madkiwi. I like the TBLE-02S too regardless of any bad criticism people give it, and I've bought a few more of Tamiya's TBLM-01S brushless 16T motors which I'm very satisfied with after testing it first in my TT-01 chassi. I also bought this blue 17.5T brushless from China, but I haven't tested it yet.

Sting. Oh yes. I see what you mean with that mica/metallic color. It is pretty transparent, isn't it! I finished my Impreza '99 last night and I that has blue metallic PS-paint, I spent a *full can*! Then put two extra layers of black to seal it so no sunlight gets through.

So the metallics are generally more transparent than the solid colors? I noticed the white and yellow also are very thin. Only PS-spray I know is good is the black.
Attachments:

Last edit: by uncletom.

uncletom's Scorpion 6 years 9 months ago #44994

My favourite paint is the createx. But hard to find in France. Only available on the ternet. I bought a lot of years ago cameleon paints. That are crazy.
But for your mica or metal paint, the best is 1 or2 layers of metal grey or silver before the black ;)

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.