Keyword

TOPIC:

Tyre repair - cracks, tears and deformation 5 years 6 months ago #52180

:cry: you'll have work to repair it. But it is complete. Maybe you could repair it from inside and paint from outside?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tyre repair - cracks, tears and deformation 5 years 6 months ago #52181

Try glanzer for the datsun stripping.

Tyre repair - cracks, tears and deformation 5 years 6 months ago #52184

I am a fan of the Andyaus media blasting method, I have tried it and I like the results.

It makes to body a bit cloudy so you must mask off the widows and lights but when you repaint it looks just the same. It is sort of like back in the old days when PC paints were not so good and they recommended that one scuff or lightly sand the inside of the body shell, some slot car guys I know still do this, just like any surface you paint some roughness will help it stick to the surface.

The best part is it does not degrade or melt the plastic, the down side is it takes some equipment, a compressor and a small blasting gun or cabinet. Check out Andy's posts for better details.

I am planning on using it on my ultra rare Celica Gr.B shell, It's only " ultra rare" because it has not been smashed, it looks almost un-used except the previous owner gave it a custom paint job and decals, it's a really nice paint job but I want to do one that is box art correct and I don't want to use my vintage decal sheet on one of the TBG bodies as good as they are :y: .
I don't know what the paint is on it ( pactra?) but it did not respond to any of my old stripping methods, so hopefully this winter I will get up the nerve to blast it clean. Like your truck body it is " rare as rocking horse s**t " :laugh: as a friend of mine likes to say.
So stay tuned and I will let you all know how it goes.......

Oh ya.... the tyres look excellent too!!! :)
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: Purple_rob

Last edit: by oldwilly.

Tyre repair - cracks, tears and deformation 5 years 2 months ago #54031

Hey Rob, I am wondering about your work on this fantastic truck. Any updates?

Tyre repair - cracks, tears and deformation 5 years 2 months ago #54084

Unfortunately, absolutely no progress what so ever.

After this project started and the decals went to MCI for repro I tucked it all away and moved on.

I guess I stalled having come to the realisation that I would not find a replacement body shell, plus the lack of clarity of the Chevrolet being on the petrol chassis.

Hopefully some progress will be made this year, once I clear a Renault and Celica Turbo project off my desk for other people :P

Tyre repair - cracks, tears and deformation 5 years 2 months ago #54093

Clean for me :p

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.