Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

uncletom's Javelin 4 years 1 month ago #58511

... or should I name the thread "Optima" instead? The Javelin is infact Optima with a cage-body in place of the regular lexan shell. However from what I found Optima came first, later came several variants on the same 4WD chassi, kind of like all the models Tamiya made on the TT-01 or TT-02 platforms. Yes, it is a 'cheap' way of doing it, especially as they all drive the same even though there's generally great difference between cars. But, this gives us the choice of our favorite car, and, if we're not too lazy also allows for whatever modifications to the chassi we desire, to create our hopefully own original.

Also I noticed that just as Tamiya, Kyosho also reuses exact parts and designs across their releases, like Scorpion - Tomahawk, 'same, yet not'. And I like the fact that Kyosho also encourages us to a certain bastardization such as cutting slots in the Optima body to fit the wing of Javelin. And other Kyosho cars also use the Javelin wing.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

uncletom's Javelin 4 years 1 month ago #58512

Also I'd like to show how I installed my ESC and receiver in Javelin, contra what Kyosho recommends I want my ESC and receiver to be close and accessible. Would I place the receiver under the driver, I'd need to go through several moments to access the receiver connectors. Now it's all in one place, simply turn the car upside down.

Yes, it's a QuicRun 1080. Motor is a torque tuned Tamiya.

Receiver is the €5 GoolRC 3-channel type.

Notice how descretly I've managed to place the on-off button there under the wing.

And wires directly soldered to the motor. You can't get a better connection than that.

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.