Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

TRAXXAS "T" Maxx to "E" Maxx custom conversion 12 years 11 months ago #1122

HI!... This "T" Maxx I got from a buddy who had it for many years. He never really maintained it and beat the crap out of it. I got it for dirt cheap in a RC lot I bought from him. Here are some pics of when I got it to what it looks like now. I converted it from Nitro (I hate nitro :lol: ) to electric set-up.

This is what it looked like when I got it :

After the clean up :

Rebuilt trans :

I bought a machined aluminum locker that gets rid of the one way bearing and allows the "T" Maxx trans to have reverse for the electric conversion.

So I fabricated up a custom motor mount. I'm running a Mamba Monster set-up. ESC is the newest V3, and a Flightmax 30C, 18.5 volt LIPO. I also fabricated up the custom aluminum battery tray.

Here's a "E" MAXX body lot I picked up for only $45!!!!! :mrgreen:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: TRAXXAS "T" Maxx to "E" Maxx custom conversion 12 years 11 months ago #1123

HI!... Well since I've had this running I've broken a ton of stuff. I've ended up breaking all the axle pins. Just too much power. I have replaced the sold carbon steel pins with "roll pins". Haven't broke one since. I also custom built a longer nylon wheelie bar due to the stock Traxxas one is too short and I kept breaking it too. I also broke the main input shaft in the transmission. I had a buddy machine me a custom one out of hardened tool steel. Then I shredded all the plastic gears in the trans. lol! So I upgraded to the ROBINSON RACING hardened steel trans gear set. It seems pretty tough now. I haven't broke anything in a while. It's also now got spools in both the front and rear diffs. This makes it much more controllable. It's used to try to spin out all the time when you got into the power.

Re: TRAXXAS "T" Maxx to "E" Maxx custom conversion 12 years 11 months ago #1128

HI!... Here's the only vid I have so far. It was shot a while ago. As you can see it's very hard to drive. This is with the stock monster truck tires and no spools. It drives 10 times better now with the PHALTLINES and the dual spools.

Re: TRAXXAS "T" Maxx to "E" Maxx custom conversion 12 years 6 months ago #3387

all of the trashed things from the engine must have made you annoyed.
cool road wheels

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.