Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

fs racing 11 years 4 months ago #15430

• kcey1
  • kcey1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
or thses guys fs-racingart.co...&cid=&bid= has anyone had any dealings with their 1 10 scale truggys (jeep version) have just got one not ran it outdoors yet has a 80a esc and own make silver can seems pretty well build (rtr) have stripped it down ready for new turnigy trackstar 120a esc and 6.5t brushless motor
abs for show lexan for go!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: fs racing 11 years 4 months ago #15431

Chassis looks very similar to my HSP Bug Crusher EP.
If so, I'll warn you now, the gearing is screwed up as they were designed to be nitro on-road, not electric big wheel - the silvercan motor is likely to be a high-torque one. Changing the motor is likely to give you all sorts of problems due to the too-high gear ratio, & there just isn't the physical space to gear it down on the motor pinion &/or spur.
I modified my motor mount, machined up a carrier to fit the biggest spur & smallest pinion that would fit (Included machining the front/back propshaft holder smaller), put smaller wheels on (2.2s with Proline dirt Hawg tyres) & although it's somewhere near, the gearing is still too high for my liking (Cooks batteries).

Look at BlacksmithProducts for a ballrace kit - the hub bearings can bind with plain bearings. On one of the cars I had, I even had to machine up some spacers to stop the ballraces being "nipped up" when tightening the wheelnuts.

Upsides - suspension works brilliantly & so far I haven't managed to break anything on it. The ESC on mine is also really good (Looks different to yours though, mine's like the one discussed elsewhere on here, same as HPI's cheapy ESC but without the HPI sticker)

Re: fs racing 11 years 4 months ago #15432

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: kcey1

Re: fs racing 11 years 4 months ago #15472

• kcey1
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
not bad for 65.99 gbp including postage and 2 days to arrive includes battery tx and rx ballraced etc fully ready to run in a box ment for nitro version

it does look very similar to yours eddrick except single shocks and slightly different gearbox shape etc also is def to high gearing on it ....its not that quick lol
Attachments:

Re: fs racing 11 years 4 months ago #15473

• kcey1
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
for anyone interested its from powerhousegolf on ebay

Re: fs racing 11 years 4 months ago #15527

Yeah close-up it's quite a bit different, but the motor/spur/propshaft setup is very similar, & it's that that will cause you issues - you can't get the motor close enough to the prop for a really small pinion, & you can't put a really big spur on instead, cos it'll foul the chassis.
The cheapest/easiest way to make it more lively is to see if you can get one of those high-torque 540s in the long can (550?) like they fitted to the HBX Bonzer - they make all their power much lower down the rev-range & so will happily pull the high gearing.
I had thought about doing a toothed belt conversion to mine, to move the motor, so I could get an extra gearing stage into it, but I can't see that happening any time soon!

Same story looking at the ally chassis - bet the design was originally for nitro on-road & the manufacturer decided to make it into a big-wheel electric
The following user(s) Liked this: kcey1

Re: fs racing 11 years 4 months ago #15530

• kcey1
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
im sure it was ment to be nitro the box it came in was for the nitro version but im not complaining have a high turn low kv brushless motor on its way to match turnigy sc120a trackstar esc should give me enough low down to run cool and still have plenty of speed to break it :)

Re: fs racing 11 years 4 months ago #15576

Let us know how you get on with the brushless setup in it - it might be an easy answer to the similar problem I have with mine

Re: fs racing 11 years 4 months ago #15844

• kcey1
  • Anytime Baby!
  • Anytime Baby!
AWESOME is the word had a bit bother setting it up but once sorted it flies ...no really it flies ...if it had wings it would be air born made a 2ft high ramp (6ft long)i've never seen any truck jump as far lol and as a plus not broke anything "yet"

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.