Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

HPI E Savage Project 12 years 9 months ago #1588

Thought you might like some pics from a recent project i did. I didnt want to run and ruin my new sand scorcher but loved the beetle look so decided to make something a little more run proof. I do like to run (some) of my cars as it what the hobby is all about. I did a little research and decided on the Hpi E savage chassis as a good strong truck for a runner. I managed to pick this one up that had only ever been used a few times and was pretty much as new condition for a reasonable price from Ebay. I then removed the original Truck Shell which was also in good condition and replaced it with (i think) a Proline Baja Shell. this has been sprayed with flip paint that appears green but turns blue when light shines on it. I also replaced the original front bumper with a stronger RPM replacement and the smaller wheels that came as standard with the Savage for the larger and heavier treaded Traxxas T-maxx items. I have run this on 4000 mah racing packs and it is one of the most powerful electric cars i have ever run its quite insane at times and will drive clean over almost all obstacles the torque is very impressive.

hope you enjoy the pics.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: HPI E Savage Project 12 years 9 months ago #1594

Awesome runner! Interesting electronics set up too... B)

Need some extra rims for it? ;)

www.tamiyabase....ims-4.html

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: HPI E Savage Project 12 years 9 months ago #1620

thanks Edou and thanks for the offer of the rims they are nice but i have a street scorcher project on the go at the moment using a blitzer beetle shell and im still looking for a few bits for my Kyosho project. This has been shelved for a while now.:side:

Regards B)

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: HPI E Savage Project 12 years 9 months ago #1622

Curious about the new project. ;)

Re: HPI E Savage Project 12 years 9 months ago #1623

still in the making ill keep you posted. I was torn between making a proper blitzer beetle or making an M04L hybrid as the street scorchers on Tamiya club are so cool. Someone on her put me on to the fact that the M04L is a perfect wheelbase match to the shell....cant remember who it was now but sorry and thanks!!!!

it was Spitfire....(just remembered) :lol:

Re: HPI E Savage Project 12 years 9 months ago #1624

Sounds like a brilliant project. B)

And most importantly - Tamiya. :laugh:

Re: HPI E Savage Project 12 years 9 months ago #1625

a couple of pics from Tamiya club that have inspired me... ignore the pink just looking at the wheelbase on this one. i think they look great. B) masterpieces :cheer:
Attachments:

Re: HPI E Savage Project 12 years 9 months ago #1626

yeah sorry i have been a little off base with my cars recently.....sorry Lars :P

all Tamiya from now on i promise......but i do have a lot more boxes under my bed in the spare bedroom :(

Re: HPI E Savage Project 12 years 9 months ago #1627

The blue and white one looks especially great! Very nicely detailed too. :woohoo:

Thought it deserved a larger picture. ;)
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.