Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Help with ACOMS AP-540 11 years 1 month ago #19884

Hi Guys,

I recently installed my old AP-540 ACOMS in one of my Bruisers and noticed that all the servo's functions are inverted :( :(

I got the original Instruction's manual, went through a couple of times and couldn't find how to invert them.
Nor the transmitter or reciever have switches (like on usual ones) to invert the servo function.

Does anybody know how to do it or is it just impossible ?

Thanks for your help
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Help with ACOMS AP-540 11 years 1 month ago #19900

:) Manotas,
Sometimes the switches are not external. You have to open the batery holder or directly the rear cover.
Be carefull Some acoms/sanwa remote systems (like dash saber first generation)haven't classic pinout. 1 signal, 2 -, 3+. Classic is 1 signal, 2+ and 3 -.

Help with ACOMS AP-540 11 years 1 month ago #19909

this is wicked did you read the manual

which type of servo's do you have as-2 or as-3?
according to the manual the as-3 is the reversed version :blink:
somuch for looking for a hidden switch. :pinch:

edit: i think i have both version that i have to take a look at. back in a second

got an as-1, as12,16,17 sorry, the as-2 is from axial :huh:

next time its raining, it will be fun to see if they all rotate in the same direction :silly:
The following user(s) Liked this: Manotas

Last edit: by waterbok.

Help with ACOMS AP-540 11 years 1 month ago #19915

You can't just undo the screws holding the stick assembly in the TX & rotate the whole thing 180 degrees? I know that's the only "servo reversing" option on the Acoms mk.3 2-channel :whistle: & visually it's quite similar ... thinking about it, you might need to rotate the left stick only 90 degrees & swap the gearshift & speed control servo connections to the RX ...

Help with ACOMS AP-540 11 years 1 month ago #19922

Hi,

Thanks for all your inputs.

I tried JR proposal but the wiring is too short for a 180 degrees rotation and i did not want to start soldering new longer wires.

The other option is the one Waterbok mentionned. I wasn't aware that those ACOMS had "reversed" servos :blink: :blink:

Actually i don't know which servos i have, i need to have a look but i'm pretty sure they're as-2 :cry:

My other option is to take the servos apart and invert the servo wiring....(don't know if that is going to work as i never dismounted a servo before)

Thanks a lot for your help

Help with ACOMS AP-540 11 years 1 month ago #19926

try these I ordered some of those. (havent tested yet)

Help with ACOMS AP-540 11 years 1 month ago #19929

try these I ordered some of those. (havent tested yet)

Thanks, i'll order one and see if it works. :y:

Help with ACOMS AP-540 11 years 1 month ago #19930

What if you swap the outer pair of wires on the pots (potentiometers) on the sticks in the transmitter?

Help with ACOMS AP-540 11 years 1 week ago #20527

Problem solved !

Thanks to all of you ! and a special thanks to Waterbok ! I ordered the servo reverser wires and it works perfectly now !

Help with ACOMS AP-540 11 years 1 week ago #20546

For future -

I take it the AP540 is a 40MHz version of the AP535/AP427 etc? (4-5 channel, no provision to rotate the gimbles within the case).
You have to watch them, I've had loads & not 2 of them have had identical servo directions or neutral points, & tweaking the pots in the gimbles can cause channel crossover (When 1 stick movement causes 2 or more servos to move at once or not at all).
(It could be that a former owner has "adjusted" the set at some point).

Other thing to watch with these sets is a lot of "Auto-setup" ESCs get confused as to which way is forward when used with them - most (Not all) have a reversed throttle signal output, so the ESC is forever setting itself up with reverse being the primary throttle command (Forwards), which can can cause fried FETs as well as anger...

This aside, the way to reverse the servos on these sets is to:
1) Fit a horn to the servo in question, set the transmitter trims to neutral, note/mark the exact neutral point of the servo.
2) Reverse the outermost connections on the transmitter channel pot in question
3) Reverse the outermost connections on the corresponding servo pot
4) Slightly loosen the screw holding the transmitter pot shaft to the gimble assembly, & gently rotate it to bring the servo back to the same neutral point it was at before you started swapping wires (It will be different).
5) Check operation of all channels, to make sure there's no crossover, & adjust the pot shaft again, to separate the channels again, if necessary.

Option 2 is to acquire servos with the reverse action (AS2 verses AS3). Sets that have originated from previous Hilux use usually have 2-off of 1 type & 1-off of the other, how many of which (AS2 or AS3) depends more on what was sold to the original owner, than what was supposed to be fitted to the kit.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.