Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Any experience with wooden airplane kits? 9 years 9 months ago #29639

Well after having owned some 18 tamiya truck/car kits and one cheap toyish helicopter (which is already in the heli-garage for over 4 years after a crash into a tree :whistle: )

I want to try an airplane kit, must be made of wood and not too big (max 200cm)
I would love a Mitsubishi Zero but I dont think it exists for not to much money.

I am thinking of a ''Robbe Charter'' do you guys have any experience flying? which glow engine would be a good choice?

Cheers,
Feraz
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Any experience with wooden airplane kits? 9 years 9 months ago #29640

Looks like a cool plane :) but sorry I know nothing about the flying RC stuff :pinch: :lol:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Any experience with wooden airplane kits? 9 years 9 months ago #29656

I've built a couple of balsa planes, it's quite enjoyable as something to take yourself off to a quiet place & immerse yourself in.

Word of warning - take your time with it & do everything accurately/properly.
Let glue dry at least overnight before proceeding, & don't glue up too many bits at once.

These things often need a bit of fettling to make them fly properly - don't expect to put it together in a couple of days & have it flying immediately, it will probably take a few weeks & need tinkering with.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.