Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Advice on wider front wheels/tyres for a 2010 Sand scorcher 6 years 3 months ago #47279

Hi all

Just new to the forum and I am hoping someone can provide some advice on something for me.

I have just purchased a 2010 Sand Scorcher, it's up and running really well with everything stock except I have the Tamiya sport tuned motor in it.

However, I am wanting to fit wider wheels and tyres to the front, and I am struggling to find any that will fit. I have searched the forum and have not found anything here, though I am sure there will be something somewhere!

Has anyone upgraded their Sand Scorcher with wider front wheels,and if so, do you have any links for where you got them please?

I am from the UK, but would be willing to purchase them from wherever they are available.

I had a sand Scorcher back in the day (early 80's) and can remember having to change the whole front suspension to get wider wheels, I'd really rather not do that again!

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum section!

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DAC44.

Advice on wider front wheels/tyres for a 2010 Sand scorcher 6 years 3 months ago #47280

Welcome on board DAC. You can use a set of subaru brat wheeles. They are easy available. Or a set of f150 ranger wheeles but front are harder to find.
The following user(s) Liked this: goldfish999

Advice on wider front wheels/tyres for a 2010 Sand scorcher 6 years 3 months ago #47281

That was quick!

Thanks, I'll have a look and see what I can get.

Might be looking to go brushless in the near future, so no doubt I'll be posting for advice then!

Advice on wider front wheels/tyres for a 2010 Sand scorcher 6 years 3 months ago #47288

Not sure for the brushless. You will need to adapt the cover and not sure that the trans will support it.

Re:Advice on wider front wheels/tyres for a 2010 Sand scorcher 6 years 3 months ago #47291

I don’t think brushless makes much sense in the SRB chassis, I even run it on 6v NiCd :D
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Re:Advice on wider front wheels/tyres for a 2010 Sand scorcher 6 years 3 months ago #47296

So, no brushless then. To be honest, it's quite fast with the sport tuned motor anyway.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.